Adding a family member that already has a 1Password account with a running subscription

Trotzendorff
Trotzendorff
Community Member

Hi there,

I'd like to share an account with my wife, who already has a 1Password account and a running annual subscription for a single user. If I send her an invite (same mail address as her subscription is signed in with) she nonetheless is asked to register a new account. There is no possibility at the welcome screen to login to an existing account.

Is there any way to unite those two accounts into one family account?

Thanks for your help in advance
Florian

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Trotzendorff:

Great question. There isn't any way of "merging" an individual account into a family account, but when your wife creates her new account, she can copy all of her items into the new account, then cancel the subscription on her existing individual account. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• Trotzendorff
    Trotzendorff
    Community Member

Hi @Jack.P_1P!

Thanks a lot for your answer, appreciate that. That sounds like a reasonable way to solve that problem, although it would be a nice future feature to be able to merge accounts. Nonetheless: will try that solution.

Thanks for your effort
    Florian

• @Trotzendorff

Just checking in to see if you and your wife was able to get her data moved over to the 1Password Families account without issue. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help! 💙

• Trotzendorff
    Trotzendorff
    Community Member

Hi there,

yes, we managed to merge those accounts into one family account. Thanks for asking, appreciate it!

Best
    Florian

• Hi @Trotzendorff:

Glad to hear it! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with in the future.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.