Search archived items

Options

Currently there's no way to search deleted or archived items. There's should be a toggle when you search to include results from archive and trash.

I'd have to do this couple times where i was searching for some credentials that were mistakenly archived. I had to manually scroll through the archive list to find my item.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@roachiam

Indeed, I hope this is something the team can address as we move forward. I want this feature myself.

• stopsineman
    stopsineman
    Community Member
    Options

Adding a ➕1 on this. Not being able to search the Archive makes me not want to put anything there as it's basically deleting it anyway…

• Hi @stopsineman, thank you for this request. I have passed it along to our developers, and appreciate you letting us know how we can improve the experience for you!

ref: IDEA-I-929

• stopsineman
    stopsineman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @PeterG_1P! :)

• jcwacky
    jcwacky
    Community Member
    Options

I too just hit this issue. In my case, I had an insurance renewal document, which stated the last 4 digits of the payment card it was going to use. I wanted to find out which card this was, so I searched in 1Password but there were no results. After manually scrolling back through the archive, I eventually found it was for a card that had expired (and so was in the Archive).

The ability to search the Archive would be very useful in these scenarios. Thanks!

• I'll pass along your experience and wishes @jcwacky

• nycyclist
    nycyclist
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• dgbeecher
    dgbeecher
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to this feature request. The Archive is like a black hole. I wish I'd kept my old "Defunct" database rather than switching to this native feature, which has no benefits that I can see except that items can be moved there with one click.

• Hi folks,

Thanks for your votes. I've included a votes for both @nycyclist and for @dgbeecher (based on the comments in this alternate discussion).

@nycyclist, when you have a moment could you try the following and let us know if this helps? Select archive from the sidebar and use Ctrl + Alt + F (or Cmd + Opt + F) to show the "Find" field and filter the archive? 1Password app - Keyboard Shortcuts

• KI6ESH
    KI6ESH
    Community Member
    Options

I really LOVE 1Password and recommend it to others all the time... but when I realized there was no way to search the Archive I absolutely couldn't believe it was true... but alas, it was!

Up until @ag_mike_d dropped in that hint that Cmd + Opt + F could get the job done. But still... I really really think there needs to be a more obvious method through the user interface to find that gem.

This issue has existed for years... has many votes for it in the roadmap... let's get this fixed! Go Team 1Password! :-)

• Hello @KI6ESH,

We appreciate the kind feedback and recommendations to others! I'm happy to hear that Cmd + Opt + F was helpful and I've added a vote for you to our feature request.

Stay safe and have a great day!

ref: IDEA-I-2116

This discussion has been closed.