List untagged items to make it easier to organize them

BiggyD
BiggyD
Community Member

I wish there was an easy way to list untagged items to make it easier to organize them. A menu item would be nice.

1Password Version: Version 2.3.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Referrer: forum-search:I wish there was an easy way to list untagged items to make it easier to organize them.

Comments

• Hello again @BiggyD.

I wanted to point you in the direction of a post from my colleague Jack where it notes the steps to use an =untagged search to list all untagged items.

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

• BiggyD
    BiggyD
    Community Member

Thank you. Yes I am aware of the "=untagged" search option. Let me just say that in Lastpass they have an special folder for "unclassified" items where items are automatically placed when not associated with any other folder. I thought that was rather intuitive.

• Hi @BiggyD, thanks for this feedback. I have passed it on to our development team as we keep looking at ways to improve the user experience. We do want to make things as intuitive for you as possible! 🙏

ref: IDEA-I-326

• sspaus
    sspaus
    Community Member

There should be a tag that is simply called "Untagged" which auto-populates until items are tagged. "=untagged" is a good workaround (which I didn't know about until I read this thread), however, an "Untagged" tag is a much better solution

• Hi @sspaus, thanks for the suggestion and feedback. I've included your +1 in a feature request related to this subject that we're tracking for the product team.

ref: IDEA-I-326

• thoysh
    thoysh
    Community Member

Hi, I'm on version 8.8.0 on windows, and the filter (by typing) is working. So, I can search for a word, ok. I can type a tag and 1password suggest the tag for searching, ok. But when I type =vault:AnyVault, it shows 0 results. The same for =tag: or =category:
    Actually, I tried all of those, but I want to search for untag items and, of course, =untagged: is not working as well. What can I do?

• Hello @thoysh,

Thanks for your message I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you've been encountering. The use of filtering by vault, tag or category is tied to Ctrl + F. If you select an item from the sidebar such a vault and use Ctrl + F, you can enter some text for the item you are searching for. Ctrl + Enter will allow you show all matching results.

With regard to searching for untagged items, can please let know what results you are getting when entering =untagged in the search bar and pressing Ctrl + Enter? This should populate a list of all items currently without a tag. Thanks!

• thoysh
    thoysh
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_mike_d
    I click Ctrl + F and the focus is on the search bar. Then I type =favorite for example and it doesn't work. Same for =untagged.
    I found something now that may be something. My 1password language is pt_BR.
    So, when I select a tag like docs, and then click Ctrl + F, it show me on the search bar =etiqueta:docs because etiqueta is the tag translation. So I tried to Ctrl + F and

• =etiqueta:health and Enter: it doesn't change the screen
    • =etiqueta:health and Ctrl + Enter: it doesn't change the screen
    • =tag:health and Enter: change the screen to 0 results for "=tag:health"
    • =tag:health and Ctrl + Enter: change the screen to 0 results for "=tag:health"
      and the same for =untagged, =vault:Work, =favorite.
  • Hello again @thoysh,

Thanks for the follow-up and providing those extra details about the 1Password language set to pt_BR. The search functionality is tied to selecting and item in the sidebar and using Ctrl + F. I've done some testing with the pt_BR language set and provided a short video of the Ctrl + F search in action. In this case, I have:
    1. Clicked the personal vault from the sidebar.
    2. Pressed Ctrl + F to populate =cofre:Personal in the search bar.

• Then by typing a search query afterwards (Login in this case), results are provided to select a dropdown.
    • If you instead press Ctrl + Enter, the center pane will populate with all matching results.

When following these steps, does this help with this search functionality?

With regard to the =untagged functionality, I am able to recreate this behaviour while the language is set to pt_BR. I've attempted a translation to Portuguese but continue to fail see results. Are able to make any progress by translating =untagged? I you continue to have troubles here, please let me know and I'd be happy to submit a report to the team for investigation. Thanks!

• thoysh
    thoysh
    Community Member

Hello again @ag_mike_d!
    So, the video helped to understand the concept. I thought that if I type =vault:Personal or =cofre:Personal and then Ctrl + Enter, the search would show the results for the vault Personal. But that doesn't work.
    Selecting the vault first then typing the tag, yeah, that work.
    But no =untagged works yet.

• Hello @thoysh,

I'm happy to hear that the video helped and thanks for sending your video along!

We've released the latest Production version of 1Password 8 and I've done a new round of testing to help you out with the =untagged (=semetiqueta) feature when using pt_BR. This feature can be used to search 1Password 8 for all untagged items, rather than on a per vault basis. Once you've updated to the latest version, try typing =semetiqueta in the search bar and you should be presented with all untagged results to select, or by pressing Ctrl + Enter, it will display all matching results in the center pane:

Please give this a try and let us know if you have any other questions!

• thoysh
    thoysh
    Community Member

Hello again @ag_mike_d! Thanks for the help all the way!
    It worked! The ``=semetiqueta`, the other one don't work. But this is not a problem.
    Thanks very much!

• Hey @thoysh, on behalf of my colleague Mike, you're most welcome! I'm glad the provided suggestion worked for you 😄

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

This discussion has been closed.