[1P8] Does not copy when holding down (long-press) on item

Lunim
Lunim
Community Member
edited June 2022 in Android

When you press and hold on a item (like user name or password) there is haptic feedback, but the value is not copied to the clipboard. I have to tap the item and then select copy.

Pressing and holding works in 1P7

Comments

• Hi @Lunim and thanks for bringing this up! I was just discussing this with a colleague the other day and he was similarly lamenting that we don't yet support this behaviour. I've brought it up with our design team and we're going to work out how we want to standardize long-press behaviour throughout the app. While I can't say exactly when, we'll definitely be making improvements in this area.

• xd003
    xd003
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

+1 For this feature , while it may seem like a pretty minor thing and most possibly would get lost in grand scheme of things , This is really a great thing to have from UX standpoint , no need of 2 taps for doing something as simple as just copying the item . I hope it quickly makes it into 1Password 8

• Hi @xd003, thanks for input and interest on this!

• cmos
    cmos
    Community Member

As a long-term 1Password "power user" on Android, this long-press to copy a password (or username, or cc # etc) is really important! Super helps me zip around and get things done. And I really miss that on the beta.

• Hi @cmos, thanks for weighing in on this! I'm a fan of the long-press copy myself so I'm excited to see what the design team comes up with. I'll add your +1. Thanks again!

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

+1
    And could we change the title of this thread, or add (long-press) so others can find it?

• Hi @huffalumpy thanks for the suggestion! I've edited the title to add long press.

• Niek
    Niek
    Community Member

+1, this is the first thing I noticed after installing 1p8

• Hello @Niek, thanks for sharing your interest!

• rpaulson
    rpaulson
    Community Member

+1
    I still use 1p7 because I really miss this feature in 1p8

• Hi @rpaulson, thanks for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry to hear this has been a roadblock for you. While I don't have a timeline to share, I've confirmed with the team that we will be making alterations to the current field copy workflow in the future. Thanks again!

• rpaulson
    rpaulson
    Community Member

Thanks for the update @ag_timothy

• GarlicBread
    GarlicBread
    Community Member

This a big regression for me, no features in v8 is worth it over this tiny feature. My brain is wired for long presses. It even happened to me to create an account on your forum to write this. I must downgrade 😢 please add this back.

• Hi @GarlicBread, thanks for sharing your experience with us. My apologies for the trouble. I've passed along your feedback to the team.

• passwordsbeegone
    passwordsbeegone
    Community Member

Came here to make sure this is being discussed. What makes it even worse is the haptic feedback so I assume it copied, move back to the app, paste and maybe realize that it didn't paste what I was trying to. (If it's a password field I may not even know because the value is hidden. This was such a great feature in v7. The haptic feedback is super strange, what is it trying to tell us if it doesn't copy? Does long pressing do anything now?

• Hi @passwordsbeegone, thanks for weighing in.

At the moment, when viewing an item with 1Password 8 for Android long press allows you to drag and drop a field when in split screen mode. In full screen long pressing does nothing. Other long press actions that can go unnoticed include: long pressing a pinned field on the Home tab opens up options for that pin and, if you have the current 8.9.6-11 beta installed, you can long press the Favorites section to select the sort order. Thanks again!

• IM00IR
    IM00IR
    Community Member

+1. I keep automatically doing it and realising later it didn't copy. And +1 re confusing hepatic feedback. Prioritising drag n drop functionality over this is a weird choice

• Hi @IM00IR, thanks for weighing in here! Feedback noted.

• gw613
    gw613
    Community Member

+1 on this superb feature in 1P7. So confusing to have haptic feedback that does nothing!

• Thanks @gw613! +1 added and my apologies for any trouble.

This discussion has been closed.