[MAC] Scrolling lists gone a bit weird. Partially implemented inertia scroll?

snozdop
snozdop
Community Member

In the recent nightlies, scrolling the main list of items seems to have gone a bit weird.

I'm using an Apple Magic Mouse so it may work differently when using other input devices.

It seems as though the standard macOS inertia scrolling has at last been implemented - at least partially - as when starting to scroll the list from the very top, it slows down gradually now, rather than stopping immediately.

However, if I move the mouse pointer away from the list while it is anywhere other than at the top (i.e. partially scrolled down), move it back and start scrolling again, it just scrolls in stop/start 4 or 5 item increments with no inertia slow down.

To get the inertia scrolling back I have to drag the scroll bar all the way back to the top and then start scrolling down again. There's also no rubber-banding bounce at the top and bottom of the scrolling pane.

TL;DR; Inertia scrolling only works when starting to scroll down from the very top of the list.

1Password Version: 8.8.0 (80800120)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7

Comments

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member

I see a similar behavior both using the built-in trackpad and a bluetooth connected Logitech MX Master. Both on my MBP M1Max, macOS 12.4.

There is a related issue for some input devices (e.g. Logitech mice) when entering data via Secure Input, but in my case I'm not even entering any data - just scrolling through the very long list of entries.

https://1password.community/discussion/128396/1passwords-use-of-secure-input

• Hi @snozdop / @esquared:

This isn't related to Secure Input and is something we're tracking. I've added you both to the issue we have tracking this. Thanks for letting us know!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#15648

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member

The scrolling appears to be fixed in the latest nightly release 80800145

It's also nice to see that I can now scroll the list as fast as the Magic Mouse will allow and the redraw keeps up, and this is on an old 2012 Mac mini. It used to be very delayed in drawing in the icons.

• Hey @snozdop:

I'm glad to hear it's working as intended again. Thanks for checking in!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.