Unable to install the browser extension for Safari on MacOS/

Options

So I just noticed that Safari was no longer installed in my web browser. I know I did not remove it, and I am not sure when it disappeared. I use it fairly frequently so it can't have been missing for too long. So I went to the app store and reinstalled it and the app does not reappear in the list of available extensions. The attached screen shot shows the list of extensions in Safari on the left and on the right a window with the app store and the smaller dialog that opens when you click on the open button on the app store. So the app store believes that the extension has been installed but Safari does not realize it. So at this point I can't even delete the extension and reinstall it.

I have quit both Safari and 1Password and I have restarted my Mac and the problem persists.

Suggestions welcomed !

Comments

• cwc
    cwc
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, right down to the fact that the app things it's installed, but it's not listed in the extensions in the Preferences window within Safari. Tried the same workflow to problem solve, but so far, no luck.

• Hi @cwc / @gct3o:

Thanks for letting us know about this. If you quit Safari, then open 1Password then choose Help > Troubleshooting > Fix Missing Safari Extension, does that improve your state of play? Let me know!

Jack

• gct3o
    gct3o
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P - your suggestion worked and the extension is back up and running in Safari. Many thanks!

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @gct3o - Thanks for the follow up! I'm glad the steps Jack shared worked for you. On behalf of Jack, you're most welcome. Cheers 🙂

This discussion has been closed.