1Password is no longer open

Options
Philipp
Philipp
Community Member
edited March 2022 in Mac

Hello,

Since yesterday when I try to open 1Password on my Mac I immediately see an error message:
Das Programm "1Password 7.app" ist nicht mehr geöffnet. (In English like: The program "1Password 7.app" is no longer open.)
I tried it more often and also restarted my Mac, but it is always the same message.

I can't tell you which version I have installed (because the App can't be open), but I'm on the beta channel, so I think it should be the latest release.

1Password Mini and 1Password Browser Extension working normal, only the desktop app makes that problems.

How can I resolve it? Thanks for helping hands!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.3

Comments

• Lowfyr
    Lowfyr
    Community Member
    Options

7.9.3 @ mac os monterey has also this issue.

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hello, in the meantime I tried to reinstall 1Password. Afterwards it was possible to start 1Password one time, but in this case 1Password Mini wasn't working anymore. After a restart of my Mac 1Password shows me the same issue.

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    Options

I found a work around for that issue. I completely uninstalled 1Password stand alone version and afterwards I switched to the Mac App Store edition. Now I have to do without the advantages of the beta version, but it's better than a non working edition. ;)

• Hey @Philipp:

Glad to hear that sorted it out for you!

@Lowfyr:

I'm sorry to hear that you're still running into trouble. Just as a quick first step, does rebooting your Mac improve your state of play? Let me know!

Jack

• Lowfyr
    Lowfyr
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Jack,

yes, a reboot fixes the problem, but after some time I run into the same issue again.

• rgev
    rgev
    Community Member
    Options

This is happening to me as well - since they started with the stupid Electron version. Not counting in all the other bugs that we are experiencing with the new "better" version. As a business client..

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Lowfyr and @rgev

I'm sorry for the frustration that the issue has caused. Can you both tell me which version of 1Password for Mac you're currently running? As far as I'm aware this behaviour only affects 1Password 7 and I recommend that you update to 1Password 8 as soon as possible. You can download 1Password 8 directly through our website:

Please let me know if you run into the same issue with 1Password 8 and I'll be happy to help further. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.