Save IOS APP 7,x

golucid
golucid
Community Member

Hi.

I understand that 1Password will eventually be upgraded to 8.0 and thereby FORCE everyone to subscribe.

My question is, I have refused to update my MacOS in order to retain my perpetual licenses. I have retained various IOS devices and avoided IOS updates. My question is, how to I save my current IOS 1Password APP so that as I update IOS, if I do, that I carry over IOS 1password 7.6.x over to my IOS devices so that 1Password can not FORCE me to move to s a subscription model.

David

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: 10.12.6
Referrer: forum-search:save ios app

Comments

• Hi @golucid:

1Password 8 is not an automatic update to 1Password 7 on either macOS or iOS. You can continue to use 1Password 7. While we'd love it if you joined us for the future of 1Password, if an ongoing subscription is a dealbreaker for you, I sincerely wish you the best. Stay safe out there, and we'll be here if you'd like to give us another chance in the future.

Jack

• golucid
    golucid
    Community Member

Hi Jack,

This does not answer my question.

I anticipate that Agilebits will update to IOS 8 and thereby FORCE the Subscription model.

Until such time, how do I plan ahead so that I may backup the current version of the IOS APP 7.x that I am licensed so that I can continue to use 1Password, for which I did pay for a license, so that I may continue to use the IOS APP along with my purchased licensed use of 1Password for macOS? As I mentioned, I am not updated macOS so that I can remain using the perpetual licenses for software that I purchased.

Thank you,

David

• Dave_1P
    edited June 2022

@golucid

Thank you for the reply. 1Password 8 for iOS will not automatically replace 1Password 7 for iOS. So if you have 1Password 7 for iOS currently installed on your iPhone/iPad then you can continue to use it even after 1Password 8 for iOS has been released.

As far as I'm aware, Apple doesn't provide an official way to backup individual iOS apps. However, you can redownload apps that you've installed previously by using this Apple guide: Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

• golucid
    golucid
    Community Member

So far, that is promising news. Another question - if I upgrade my IOS device, can I still re-download 1Password 7 for IOS and not be forced to update to your next subscription version?

Thank you,

David

• @golucid

Yes, you can download 1Password 7 for iOS from the App Store: 1Password - Password Manager on the App Store

I hope that helps. 🙂

• golucid
    golucid
    Community Member

Hi Jack,

Will 1Password 7.x be available for download once you deploy the Forced Subscription version 8.x?

Thanks,

David

• golucid
    golucid
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

Hi @Dave_1P ,

Will 1Password 7.x be available for download once you deploy the Forced Subscription version 8.x?

Thanks,

David

• golucid
    golucid
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

Will 1Password 7.x for IOS be available for download once you deploy the Forced Subscription version 8.x? The question is for those of us that do not want to upgrade and migrate to a subscription version for mobile devices.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Will 1Password 7.x be available for download once you deploy the Forced Subscription version 8.x?

This discussion has been closed.