Apple Watch Issues with authorizing access to database

Options
RevBen
RevBen
Community Member

Every time I try to use 1Password for Mac 8.7.1 for the first time of the day or session on my Mac it prompts me to double press the button on my Apple Watch. However, it does not wait more than 1/2 a second before it stops asking for this and the window closes. Furthermore, I don't have enough time to click the button "enter password" instead. My workaround is to disable the apple watch login option and enter the password manually. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix? I searched the database and didn't see anything related.

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: 12.4

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @RevBen! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into an issue when using your Apple Watch to unlock 1Password for Mac. Are you able to unlock the Mac itself using your Apple Watch without any trouble? If you are then please try these steps:

1. Disable Apple Watch Unlock in 1Password for Mac (1Password > Preferences > Security > Uncheck "Apple Watch").
    2. Disable Apple Watch Unlock for your Mac (In the MacOS menu bar:  > System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Uncheck "Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac")
    3. Turn off your Mac.
    4. Restart your Apple Watch: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support
    5. Turn on your Mac.
    6. Enable Apple Watch Unlock for your Mac (In the MacOS menu bar:  > System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Check "Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac")
    7. Enable Apple Watch Unlock in 1Password (1Password > Preferences > Security > Check "Apple Watch").

Let me know if you still see the issue after trying these steps. 🙂

• RevBen
    RevBen
    Community Member
    Options

That did it! Thank you for your help! I did every step you mentioned before, except the restart. Duh! Thank you, sir!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@RevBen

I'm happy to hear that Apple Watch unlock is working again. 😊

This discussion has been closed.