Syncing my iPad with my Mac has stopped working due to 'five minute delay' (not true)

Options
georgelevvy
georgelevvy
Community Member

I use 1Password on my Macbook Pro and iphone. I have bought a MacAir and would like to set it up on that too and can't do it. I'm failing to find my secret key for a start

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:diagnostics

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @georgelevvy! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting started on your new Macbook Air. You mentioned a Secret Key, do you already have a 1Password subscription? If you do, and you have access to your 1Password data on one of your other devices, then you can locate your sign in information there. Search for a 1Password Account item in your vault. You should see your 1Password account password and Secret Key there.

Once you've located your Secret Key you can follow this guide to add your account to your new Macbook Air: How to add your 1Password account to the apps

If you don't have a 1Password subscription then you might be using an older standalone vault with a license. If this is the case then are you using iCloud, Dropbox, or WLAN sync to sync your data? And do you have a license for 1Password 7 or for an earlier version of 1Password?

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

This discussion has been closed.