updating password or login details after sign in

pr1970
pr1970
Community Member

hi all

I've been using lastpass up until now and one thing I liked is that if say you enter a different (correct) password to the one that has been stored in the app, it will log in to the website and then ask you if you want to update the password in last pass and automatically update the login info.
is this something that 1Password could do. Currently I can only find a manual way of changing it.
thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @pr1970! Your first step here would be to install our browser extension. If your password is different than the one saved, you can type it into the password field, and once you click the field, you'll have the option to either add it as a new item, or update your current one. 🙂

• pr1970
    pr1970
    Community Member

Thanks, I didn't realise that.I think its because it only appears when you type. Lastpass would let you enter a new password and if it was accepted then prompt you if you would like to update the saved one. The way 1password does it , is you have to save whilst your in the password entry form. otherwise the prompt to save vanishes.

• @pr1970 no worries! Did you get it to work?

• pr1970
    pr1970
    Community Member

Yes it worked, but just I quite like lastpass way that once you have created a password then it asks to add/update existing password. 1password you have to add when you are still typing into the password field. if its not accepted you have to do it again.
    thanks for the help anyway

This discussion has been closed.