Quick Feature Request: Add a “Backup Codes” section with the “One Time Password” tab.

Options
servingthenever
servingthenever
Community Member

Hi!
As the title says, it would be interesting if there was a tab where we can input our backup codes in case 2FA doesn’t work for us, instead of putting it in the notes.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Requested multiple times but the 1Password team thinks it adds no value.

They prefer you store the 2FA setup key only.

• servingthenever
    servingthenever
    Community Member
    Options

@XIII
    Oh well, this is what I have been doing however to store 2FA backup codes:

• ag_tommy
    Options

@servingthenever

I do the same or use a screenshot or download a file and attach it to my item.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I created a separate vault for my recovery codes. Here I create a Secure Note for every website and put the recovery code(s) in the notes.

It would be great to have a new section or a special field in my entries for such recovery codes. 👍

• Saenil
    Saenil
    Community Member
    Options

Ha, I've came here to ask for exactly the same thing. It would be awesome to be able to put the recovery codes into the, for example, concealed note or something like this, especially when there is more than one code. Usually, I create a separate password field for each code (it makes me feel uncomfortable to keep in a text note) but I know it is not the best solution (and requires a bit of work)

• Hey @Saenil:

Thanks for your feedback on this! I've shared your thoughts with our team internally.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-312

This discussion has been closed.