Change category

nicster
nicster
Community Member
edited December 2021 in Lounge

Is it possible to change category once you have created an item? For instance if you want to change an items category from Reward programs to Memberships?

Update: Sorry, I posted this since I couldn't find any answers on my search. But, I've must have misspelled the first time, since I now find many Q&A's about this and that it doesn't work at the moment. Is this something you are considering for the future?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nicster!

There is an open feature request for this, so this is definitely being considered. I have let the developers know that you would also find this useful :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#137

• psijmons
    psijmons
    Community Member

I support this request, it would be an important new feature, long overdue.

• Thanks for sharing, @psijmons. :)

Ben

• susannacliment
    susannacliment
    Community Member

Hi! It would be an important new feature for me, too. Thanks

• Hey @susannacliment. Welcome to the 1Password Support Community. Thank you for your input on this request. :)

Ben

• LWks
    LWks
    Community Member

Yup, one more [very loud] request for this 'feature' to be added! As psijmons said, above, it is long overdue.

It seems like this is a very common request. There are many, many, many users who have come up against this problem and have inquired about how to do this (and I'm sure there are also many others who have tried to figure out how to do this and haven't bothered to write in this public forum).

In my case, I'm a very, very longtime 1pw user (originally purchased in 2007) and I have over 1600 entries in just my primary vault, including over 70 email addresses.

The email addresses were all initially entered in the LOGIN category and I have been desperate to find a way to change them all to the EMAIL ACCOUNT category (without having to recreate all of them, from scratch).

Please have your development team investigate the large number of users who have asked about [or requested] the ability to do this and move this request to a higher priority on their list.

• Hi @LWks:

Thanks for your feedback on this! I'll share your thoughts with the team.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-844

This discussion has been closed.