Window can't be resized anymore

devau
devau
Community Member

Hello
I resized the 1Password window of the windows application 8.7.0 to full size.
Now I can't resize the window anymore to custom window size by clicking the rectangle in the upper right corner which then normally gives the possibility to define the new size by mouse.
How can I reset this to work again?
I'm using Windows 10 Pro, 21H2.
Thanks for your help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022

Hello @devau, I'm sorry to learn of this problem. Is it still occurring? We'll be happy to investigate further if so.

Also, does the app resize if you double-click in the top-left part of the 1Password window (just above your accounts and vaults, next to where it says 1Password?).

I'll be interested to learn more about this issue!

• devau
    devau
    Community Member

Issue has been resolved: By pressing F11 then you can resize the window with the mouse again. F11 does somehow prevening the window being resized!

• ag_mike_d
    edited June 2022

Hi @devau, thanks for getting back to us and letting us know you were able to resolve the mouse resizing issue with F11. In Chrome, Firefox, etc., F11 activates full screen mode. If F11 is pressed accidentally, I can see where an improvement can be made to notify that this mode was enabled. While I can't make promises, I've passed along the details of this report our development team for review.

ref: dev/core/core#15434

• MrSunshine
    MrSunshine
    Community Member

I'm so glad I found this thread. I too was getting very frustrated that my 1Password windows couldn't be resized. I must have hit F11 at some point without realizing it, and this state even persists across reboots.

Confusingly, even though the window can't be resized, it still has a restore button in the title bar, which just doesn't work. I think this violates Windows interface guidelines -- full screen windows aren't supposed to have the same elements as a maximized window, exactly to minimize this confusion.

Glad I found this fix, but I feel bad for the next guy who, like me, wastes a couple of hours before stumbling upon this community post!

• Hello @MrSunshine,

I'm happy to hear you found this thread and that it's helped to resolve that frustration with the full screen mode. This issue with an accidental press of F11, has popped a few times now and I've included the details you've provided here in the issue that we're currently tracking internally. The team is discussing and looking at ways to make improvements to the full screen functionality of 1Password 8 for Windows. At this time I am unable to provide further details about how this may be addressed in the future.

Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

ref: dev/core/core#15434

• henry04
    henry04
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

Hi 1Password Team,
    I'm using latest version 8.9.5 for Windows and also I got this 'permanent full-screen issue' today, most likely by unintentionally hitting a key / key combination on my keyboard. The F11 hint in this thread helped, after some attempts, to resolve it (Thanks for that!).
    However, this indicates that the issue is yet not resolved.

• Hey @henry04, thanks for reaching out. I'm glad to hear the F11 hint helped resolve things.

Our team is aware and continuing to investigate a solution for this issue, we apologize for any inconvenience it has caused. Let me know if there's anything else we can help with!

Ali

This discussion has been closed.