.exe for app downloader not launching. Winows , 64-bit. file 1-PasswordSetup-latest

Options

If no other complainer, this could be a local problem. My system is old AMD-6 with 4GB RAM

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:.exe for app downloader not launching

Comments

• Hi @sssmarsh:

Thanks for writing in! Just to make sure we're all on the same page, would you mind sharing some more details? Which version of Windows you running, and are you attempting to install 1Password 7 or 1Password 8? Do you receive an error message, or the installer just doesn't open? Let me know, and I'll be able to take a closer look. Thanks!

Jack

• sssmarsh
    sssmarsh
    Community Member
    Options

V7.3.6
    Windows 10 64-bit
    No error message on windows box.
    .exe file downloads, but cannot launch it.
    Thx.

• Hello @sssmarsh, thanks for getting back to us.

Based on those details, you should be able to install either 1Password 7 for Windows (7.9.830 is the latest) or 1Password 8 for Windows (8.7.2-2).

Can you please try following the direct link to the 1Password 7 installer and if you are continuing to have problems launching the .exe you may be running in to troubles with .NET and can follow the below to see if this helps:
    1. Make sure that you have all available Windows updates installed.
    1. Download the .NET Framework Repair Tool, launch it so it can check for and find/fix any issues. Then reboot and try to install 1Password 7 again: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Let us know how this goes.

This discussion has been closed.