Update to 1Password 8

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password is no longer open.

Comments

• rgev
    rgev
    Community Member
    Options

Dave, to be honest: I am referring to version 8 where the transition from version 7 was everything but smooth. I always use the latest version and the latest OS, this time I simply re-downloaded the Mac installer re-run it. Now it seems to work. It is a M1 MacBook Air. Maybe there was an issue since I migrated from an Intel Mac. Anyway, it seems to be solved for now.

Still unhappy with the Electron version. Trust me, I am running 1password since its first version ever and I am still not sure if you have chosen the right path. Yes, I understand its a political and maybe even a commercial decision to run a single cross-platform development team for all OS that Electron supports. Still, updating has not been very smooth, especially with both parts of the MacOS app, the Safari helper App and the main app. Took me more than one try to get everything running.

• Dave_1P
    edited June 2022
    Options

@rgev

Thank you for the reply. I've split your comment into a new thread since the other thread is specifically about users seeing the error message 'The application "1Password 7" is not open anymore' when using 1Password 7. Please let me know if you're seeing that error message when using 1Password 8.

I'm sorry to hear that there's been friction with the update to 1Password 8. Are you still running into issues with 1Password 8 on your Mac? If you are then please let me know what specifically isn't working and I'll be happy to help further. 😊

This discussion has been closed.