Feature Request - support for simple tables in Secure Notes or elsewhere

jbs
jbs
Community Member

I often record information in Secure Notes that would be much better organized if I could place it in a simple table. Wondering if you've ever considered adding support for that, either within Secure Notes or as a separate Type. Would not need any bells and whistles, I could even see having it be a fixed number of columns if that made it easier. But there are quite a lot of items where I could organize the information better with a table structure.
Thanks for considering!

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10

Comments

• Hi @jbs, thanks for reaching out with this request.

I can understand the ability insert/use tables would be a useful feature to help better organize information. While I can't make any guarantees about when or if this type feature might reach future versions of 1Password, I have included the details provided in an internal feature request for consideration by the team.

We're always interested in learning from our customers where improvements can be made to enhance the 1Password experience. If you have any other feedback, please let us know. Have a great day!

ref: IDEA-I-1247

• jbs
    jbs
    Community Member

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the reply! Just for context as to the use case, there are a lot of situations where information that currently goes into lots of different records would be easy to organize into a single record by use of tables. I have a dozen records related to each of the 12 laptops set up for a team project for example, including admin passwords, MAC addresses, TeamViewer IDs, etc. That data rarely changes but it's needed for reference. And I tend to need them at the same time. Being able to go to one record instead of 12 different records would keep my database cleaner and improve the usefulness.
    Similarly, I have a record for my frequent flier accounts but I also keep my family members' FF numbers and details in 1Password since I'm the family travel agent. I don't want theirs in individual FF records since it makes finding my own record (the one I use 99% of the time) harder but a table would be much more efficient than the concatenated list I currently keep in a secure note.
    Again, thanks for considering!

• Hello again @jbs! You're most welcome and thanks for the additional details about your use case. I've now updated the feature request where this is being tracked. 😀

• crkinard
    crkinard
    Community Member

At the very least a mono spaced font would be nice.

• Thanks for your feedback, @crkinard. I've included your thoughts on the subject in our tracked issue.

• ChuckEllenb
    ChuckEllenb
    Community Member

YES YES YES YES! This would be a great feature. Like Mike we keep track of things that should all be together and not pollute the master database. Some of the things they've decremented make no sense and some features that should be basic aren't there. I"ve been using the mobile version since the late 90's.

• Hey @ChuckEllenb, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I've added your comment to the internal issue which will help highlight user interest. Thanks!

Ali

This discussion has been closed.