"Recently deleted" section missing key functionality

Options
skatch
skatch
Community Member

Two features that seem pretty important are missing from the "recently deleted" section:

1. There's no button to recover an item
  2. There's no way to view the password of a login in this section. Critical when cleaning up duplicate entries and making sure I'm deleting the correct item.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022
    Options

@skatch

You can restore an item by right-clicking it and selecting restore. I'd go out on a limb and say this needs some love. I would think it would match what you see on 1Password.com with the Restore and Delete Permanently options as buttons.

Interesting point on viewing the item. I can certainly see where that would be desirable. I'll mention it to the team. I could very much make use of this ability. Thanks.

edit: The viewing ability looks to be a bug on our end. We'll try to get that fixed up as soon as possible.

ref: dev/core/core#14797

• skatch
    skatch
    Community Member
    Options

Great! Thanks for the responses @ag_tommy.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@skatch

On behalf of Tommy, you're very welcome. Thank you again for reporting the issue! 😊

• bree
    bree
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

I had to seriously hunt to find a way to recover a deleted item on the newest version of 1Password... very frustrating! After no luck with the 1Password "Help" window, I came here, to the community, and found the work-around, thank you!

P.S. for Mac users, there is no right-clicking; instead you need to select the item that was deleted, then press the "Control" key and then the "recover" option will appear.

I'll also add that I could find no way to recover a deleted item on an iPad with the 1password app (v. 7.9.6); I had to use a desktop computer & access the application from there (v. 8.7.1).

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2022
    Options

@bree

True, Control-click is the way many of us started with Macs. It may be that you have an option to configure your device to support that right-click ability. It is so common in todays environment to use right-click that I often forget about the Control-click.

Change Trackpad preferences on Mac - Apple Support
    Change mouse tracking, double-click, and scrolling speed on Mac - Apple Support

Source: Right-click on Mac - Apple Support

Customize how you Control-click: Change options for secondary click for your trackpad or for your mouse.

Either option works so long as you arrived at the correct outcome. I'm glad to hear that you could find what you needed.

--

On the iPad please look at the top in the blue banner and you should see the Restore option. Tap that text and the item should be restored for you. The following screenshot is from my phone but it should be similar. I apologize as I am away from my iPad at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.