[Bug][1P8] No prompt for fingerprint unlock if auto-lock set to immediately.

dsouzadrian
dsouzadrian
Community Member

I came across this issue when I added a fingerprint to my android device.

1P8 prompted me for my master password which I entered after which I went to the security tab to make sure fingerprint unlock was still enabled. I minimized the app and when I went back in, it prompted me for my master password again.

Since then I've found a more sure way of reproducing the issue. Here are the steps to reproduce:

1. Enable fingerprint unlock and make sure auto-lock is set to immediately.
  2. Minimize the app and open it again, verify that the app prompt's you for fingerprint unlock.
  3. Once inside 1P8, navigate to the security tab and disable fingerprint unlock.
  4. Exit out of the app.
  5. When you go back in, it'll prompt you for your master password. Enter it and go back to security and enable fingerprint unlock. Leave auto-lock as immediate.
  6. Exit out the app and go back in, this time it'll ask you to unlock using master password with a message stating "You need to enter your account password before you can use fingerprint unlock".
  7. I entered my master password and exited out the app.
  8. On going back in the second time, I'd expect fingerprint unlock to now be functional - but it keeps asking me for my master password with the same message above.

To resolve:

1. Change auto-lock to "1-minute" and allow 1P8 to lock on it's own.
  2. Go back in and enter your master password.
  3. Change auto-lock to immediate.
  4. Now it start's prompting for fingerprint unlock

Tested on Pixel 6 Pro and Pixel 2-XL

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Sahri
    Sahri
    Community Member

I've set it to "immediately" but it works just fine for me.

• Hello @dsouzadrian thanks for including the detailed steps! I followed what you described but wasn't able to reproduce this error. Is there an update available for 1Password 8 on your device? If so, you can update then let us know if you run into the same issue. You can open the 1Password 8 page in the Google Play Store and tap Update if available.

@Sahri, thanks for testing this out yourself!

• dsouzadrian
    dsouzadrian
    Community Member

Nope no update available, but I tried following the steps again and am unable to recreate. Not sure what happened earlier

• Hi @dsouzadrian thanks for confirming that. If you do notice it again, feel free to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.