1Password for Safari Changes Defaults for "Save New Item" and "All Vaults"

Options
WestW
WestW
Community Member
edited June 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Upgraded to 1Password 8 several weeks ago. I'm still going through the learning curve of all the nuances. I appreciate this is a major platform change but am surprised at all the changes and bugs in what was a rock solid app. I reported this issue in the Beta / Browsers area by accident so I'm reposting it under this subject area.

Because of mutliple vaults, I use the 1Password for Safari settings to 1) save new items to my personal vault (it seems Private is the default) and 2) set "All Vaults" to show only the only 2 vaults I use for suggestions for websites.

Yet, the extension keeps resetting to the defaults. This occurred after I updated to Monterey 12.4 and most recently, it occurred after updating 1Password For Safari to version 2.3.4 from 2.3.3.

It's frustrating as I don't want new sites to be stored to my "Private Vault", nor do I want my other family members' vaults logins to show up in the suggestion list. Is there a reason why my settings seem to be resetting? This is also happening to my Firefox extension (2.3.3) settings, as well.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 2.3.5 2.3.4 2.3.3
OS Version: mac OS 12.4

Comments

• Hi @WestW:

I've answered your thread here. To avoid duplicating our efforts, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. Thanks!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.