Password autofill not working on Library and Archives Canada site

Joe Kissell
Joe Kissell
Community Member
edited May 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I have an account here:

https://transfert-transfer.bac-lac.gc.ca/webclient/Login.xhtml

I have tried autofill in multiple browsers, and although it does enter my username, it never fills in my password. This is the case whether I use Universal Autofill or inline autofill. 1Password simply ignores the password field altogether.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• Hey @Joe Kissell:

Thanks for letting us know about this! I was able to replicate this, so I've filed an issue to see if we can get this smoothed out in the future. In the meantime, I was able to drag my password from the 1Password pop-up in the browser to the password field to fill it in.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#15753

• Joe Kissell
    Joe Kissell
    Community Member

No joy. Although I can drag the password from the 1Password popup to the password field, it's not recognized. Indeed, it shows in plain text, whereas when I type it, I see bullets. For some reason that login page seems to insist on passwords being typed, rather than dragged, pasted, or otherwise filled in automatically.

• Hi @Joe Kissell:

Thanks for following up. I'll add this to our internal tracking issue for this site. I found that using copy and paste from the 1Password pop-up showed the concealed password, rather than putting it in as text. Let me know if that works for you!

Jack

• Joe Kissell
    Joe Kissell
    Community Member

Yes, copy and paste does seem to work now (though it did not previously), but it's quite tedious! I sure would like Autofill to handle it!

• Hey @Joe Kissell:

You're very welcome, and I can definitely agree with wanting to use Autofill for this. Stay tuned and hopefully we'll have this sorted in the future!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.