Autofill on Android 12 doesn't seem to work

124»

Comments

• AlexanderCarpenter
    AlexanderCarpenter
    Community Member

Has this been fixed yet? In its current state, it does not prompt for autofills on identity fields (name, email, phone) on the browser. As a result, I suggest people use Google or some other autofill service for now

• Hi @alexmidd, thanks for confirming that and I apologize for my delay in response.

I'd be happy to help dig into this further and do some troubleshooting. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include a link to this thread and your username.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Hello @AlexanderCarpenter, thanks for joining us on the forum!

Just to clarify, 1Password 7 for Android does not Autofill identities. 1Password 8 for Android, now available in early access, can Autofill Logins, Identities and Credit Cards. You can test the 1Password 8 beta by downloading our new Android app here:

If you have any feedback regarding 1Password 8, we'd love to hear from you on our Android beta page here:

Thanks again!

• alexmidd
    alexmidd
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

Hi Timothy

Thanks for your messages.

I have created the diagnostics report and sent that to the address advised. Hopefully this can help with diagnosing the issue.

Alex

• Thanks for sending that in @alexmidd! We'll follow up with you there.

The second message I posted was for a different Alex, who asked a question regarding filling Identities after your previous update. I apologize for any confusion!

• alexmidd
    alexmidd
    Community Member

Hi Timothy.

Yes, the name caught me out there and I realised the second message wasn't for me so I've edited my message. Sorry about that.

The instructions in the email seem to have worked as it started working after I toggled the autofill switch off and then on again.

Thanks very much for your help.

Alex

• Hi @alexmidd, thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear resetting Autofill previews has helped. If you run into any other issues, feel free to contact us!

• mzdantas
    mzdantas
    Community Member

Hi! I have a similar problem. When clicking whatever kind of form (user, pass, address, credit card) the 1Password autofill dropdown shows, but nothing happens when I either tap or long-press the suggestion. I've also tried opening the 1Password app and unlocking with my fingerprint (this was required by LastPass) but it doesn't work either.

(Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G, Android 13, Gboard, Chrome autofill off, 1Password autofill on full permissions)

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

is there no way to turn notifications off for threads that one has no longer any interest in?? I am fed up with having my inbox being swamped with emails that come from this thread

• Hi @mzdantas, thanks for letting us know about this issue on your device.

Give the steps included in the link below a try and let us know if that works for you!

Hi @HelenBubz, I'm sorry you've been swamped with notifications! If you've bookmarked the discussion, you can remove the bookmark by deselecting the star in the top right corner. You can also change your notification settings:
    1. Click your username in the bar at the top of the screen.
    2. Click the profile drop down on the right hand side (it looks like a silhouetted figure).
    3. Select Edit Profile.
    4. Click Notification Preferences
    5. Deselect "Notify me when people comment on my discussions", "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in" and any other notification parameters.
    6. Click Save General Preferences.

Let me know how that goes!

• mzdantas
    mzdantas
    Community Member

OMG YEEEEEESSS!!!! It finally works! Thank you so much! :)))

• YAY @mzdantas!! Thanks for the update, you are very welcome!

• Criseni
    Criseni
    Community Member

Good morning,
    I'm asking for help, I'm desperate..

I use 1Password 8 on 6 android phones

1) Galaxy S21 Ultra
    4) Realme 8
    1) Galaxy S10

On all 6 phones autofill works on some sites and not on others.

If I use chrome some sites go some don't, if I use firefox the sites that haven't gone to chrome work but others stop working.

I can't fix it, I need autofill to work all the time.

Do you have ideas?

From a PC it almost always works.

• SandManHooHa
    SandManHooHa
    Community Member

I have been experiencing this issue for a while now. It was there with 1p 7 as well but seems to have gotten worse with v8. Autofill works quite erratically, doesn't show up for a lot of apps and websites. It's getting quite frustrating.

I had a one plus 7 pro until recently and now have a pixel 7 pro device. I am on the latest 1p 8 beta.

• Hi @Criseni, @SandManHooHa, thanks for writing in. I'm sorry to hear 1Password isn't filling as expected on your devices!

Filling issues can stem from a number of sources on Android devices. So that we can dive into each case individually, I'd like to ask you to send us a message at support+forum@1password.com. With your message, please include a description of the issue. You'll get an auto-reply from BitBot which gives you a support number, that looks like [#ABC-12345-123], and if you post that here, I'll make sure your message gets to the right place. Thanks again!

• Criseni
    Criseni
    Community Member

[#ASV-73859-598]

• SandManHooHa
    SandManHooHa
    Community Member

CUW-37541-839

• Thanks @Criseni, @SandManHooHa. I can see my colleagues have replied via email so lets continue the conversation there!

This discussion has been closed.