I do not have product installed. Whenever I enter a bad password, you bring up pop up window

silverfoxfoster
silverfoxfoster
Community Member

I did not install your product. Have an account set up. Often I enter a bad password when signing into an account and you bring up a window that overlays the window that I am trying to sign up in asking me to buy your product. How do I remove this unwanted feature from my system?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sending pop up window when bad password entered

Comments

• Hi @silverfoxfoster, I'm sorry to hear of this issue, and thank you for raising it with us.

This doesn't sound consistent with our apps and advertising as far as I know. But nevertheless, I'll be happy to look into it for you further - we never want to spam you, and the apps should be making your workflow easier, not putting obstacles in your way. We'll get this sorted!

In order to get started, could you send us a brief email at support+windows@1Password.com? If you can include a screenshot of what you're seeing, our Windows team (myself included) can help figure out what's going on and set this situation right for you. Please include a link to this discussion so we know it's you that's contacting us, as well.

In case it's helpful, here's Microsoft's guide on how to take a screenshot from your device:

I'll hope to see you over there 👋

• silverfoxfoster
    silverfoxfoster
    Community Member

I am still awaiting for the 1password pop up screen to occur. Funny how things don't happen when you want them to. When it does, I will do a screen print and send it to you.

• Sure thing, @silverfoxfoster, and thanks for the update. We'll be here for you!

• silverfoxfoster
    silverfoxfoster
    Community Member

Finally, your screen popped up when I entered a bad password. As mentioned earlier, your product is not installed. Here is the url:https://1password.community/
    I could not do a screen snap and get it attached here.

• Good morning @silverfoxfoster, thanks for getting back to us.

The URL provided above, links directly our 1Password Support Community main page and doesn't display anything unusual. In order to assist you further and so we have better idea of what you are seeing, a screen capture would be the best way forward.

Here is a handy guide on how to take screenshots on the Windows platforms - When attaching a screenshot, please be sure to redact any personal or private information such as your Secret Key.

Optionally, the next time you see this message, are you able to take picture with a mobile device, being sure to crop out any personal or private information, and attach it to your next comment here?

Looking forward to your reply.

• silverfoxfoster
    silverfoxfoster
    Community Member

What I am seeing is the screen associated with the URL. I was unsuccesful getting a screenshot so sent you the URL. I will try to get a screenshot the next time it pops up when I miskey a password. Does not happen very often. I have a logitech keyboard which does not have the Windows key on it and the snipping instructions do not seem to work on my Windows 11 PC.

• Hi @silverfoxfoster, I appreciate the additional details here.

With regard to the issues you've been encountering with taking a screenshot and the fact that your keyboard does not have a Windows key, you can try searching Windows 11 for Snipping Tool. I've included some more details here: How to get started with the Snipping Tool app in Windows 11 | Windows Central

We'll be looking forward to your follow up and any screenshots, when you are able to do so.

• silverfoxfoster
    silverfoxfoster
    Community Member

Sorry to take so long getting back to you. The snipping tools provided the link to requires the printscreen key and/or the windows logo key which are not on my keyboard, as I mentioned in an earlier dialogue with you. I just got your pop window again when I entered a bad password. As also mentioned earlier, your product is not installed. The URL for the pop up window is 'https://1password.community/'. I think you would know what the screen with this URL looks like without me having to do a screen print.

• Hello @silverfoxfoster,

It's good to hear back from you though I'm sorry to hear you are continuing to see issues with a pop up window when you've entered an incorrect password.

As mentioned originally by Peter, this type of advertising doesn't seem consistent with our practices. I can confirm that the URL provided does link to 1Password's Support Community, but what we are trying to determine is the origin of the pop up window itself. Since you haven't installed our product, hard to say what's causing this.

Since you are having troubles taking a screenshot of the pop up through your Windows device, is it possible to take a photo of the pop up with another device such as a mobile phone and email us so we can investigate further? When doing so, be sure to redact any personal or private information from this image.

Please also include a link to this discussion in your email to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.