Safari Extension Resets To Default Vaults

Hello,

Recently we upgraded to 1Password 8 (Family) and installed Safari Extension 2.3.3. Because of mutliple vaults, I used the extension settings to save new items to my personal vault (it seems Private is the default). I also chose "All Vaults" to show only the only 2 vaults I use for suggestions for websites.

Yet, the extension seems to be resetting to the defaults. Most recently, this occurred today after I updated to Monterey 12.4.

It's frustrating as I don't want new sites to be stored to my "private vault", nor do I want my other family members' vaults to show up in the suggestion list. Is there a reason why my settings seem to be resetting? This is also happening to my Firefox extension (2.3.3) settings, as well.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: mac os 12.4

Comments

• Hi @WestW:

That definitely doesn't sound like the experience we want you to have. Just to confirm, the settings aren't persisting in both Safari and Firefox? Let me know!

Jack

• WestW
    WestW
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

Yes. This has happened to me twice - first after upgrading to latest version of Mac Monterey and 2nd after updating to 1Password for Safari 2.3.5.

Both "save new items" and selections for "accounts and vaults" were changed. I'll continue to monitor as updates follow and let you know whether I see it.

I'm not aware of any other activity that may have caused the reset to occur. I do use Cookie to remove tracking cookies in both browsers but that shouldn't do it as it the settings have been stable since 2.3.5 was installed

Thanks for the follow up!
    Bill

• Hi @WestW:

We've found that using browser cleaners like Cookie can potentially cause issues with the functionality of 1Password in the browser. If you hold off on using them for the time being, let me know if that improves your state of play when it comes to updates and settings persisting.

Jack

• WestW
    WestW
    Community Member

Will do. Thanks for the follow up. Right now, my settings are stable. FYI - these issues never occured in the prior 1Password extensions while using 1Password 7.

This discussion has been closed.