1Password extension for Safari

ojix2
ojix2
Community Member
edited June 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

When I open 1Password window from Safari’s tool bar, I cannot see or copy data saved down below the right column becase it automatically keeps rolling up back to its top and does not stay at the bottom.

Looks like this is the bug of the current 1Password extension, and I hope it will be fixed soon.

1Password extension for Safari v.2.3.5
1Password for Mac v.8.7.1
Safari v.15.5
macOS v.12.4

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

Yes, very irritating. After highlighting text at the bottom, as soon as I press the first key of Command-C, the item scrolls back up to the top.

The highlighted text isn't visible then, although Command-C does copy it.

• ojix2
    ojix2
    Community Member

In my case, I cannot even sellect the data down below the right column because it scrolls up before I do so. No sellection, no copy.

I wonder how such an apparent bug could go through the bug test process unnoticed before the release of the new extension.

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member

In my case, I cannot even sellect the data down below the right column because it scrolls up before I do so. No sellection, no copy.

Just to clarify, I can only highlight data at the bottom in some items -- most of them behave as you describe.

• ojix2
    ojix2
    Community Member

Could someone from Agilebits comment on this bug ? I would like to know if you are already aware of it.

• jesusjimsa
    jesusjimsa
    Community Member

I have this problem too, on the same version numbers for everything. I have also created a gif to show the problem:

• Hi @jesusjimsa / @ojix2 / @DavidB:

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're actively investigating this and hope to have it sorted soon, so please keep an eye out for updates.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#15705

• I just wanted to follow up very quickly and let you all know that the latest version of 1Password for Safari (2.3.6) will contain a fix for this. It isn't available in the App Store just yet, but should be available soon.

Jack

• ojix2
    ojix2
    Community Member

I am glad to know that the bug will be fixed very soon.
    Thank you @jesusjimsa for posting the nice GIF which was very helpful.

• ojix2
    ojix2
    Community Member

I confirmed that the bug is fixed by v.2.3.6. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.