Edge & stand alone vault with mini

Hi. I decided to use the newest Edge with my M1 Mac. No problem installing the mini browser extension, however it defaults to the Personal vault which is subscription. I have a standalone version. It doesn't show anything other than Personal vault in settings so i can't change it. Is that not an option to use with standalone? Before I invest more time in playing with it, please advise, as this will kill my interest. I have no problem choosing the right vault in Safari (the Primary vault).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:edge browser 1password mini doesn't see standalone vault

Comments

• Hi @linberl:

It sounds like you may have downloaded our newer 1Password extension, which only supports 1Password accounts. To use your standalone vault with Edge, you'll need to use the classic extension, available here: Get the 1Password classic extension

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• linberl
    linberl
    Community Member

Yes, that worked! Thank you so much - I knew you guys would have a solution.

• linberl
    linberl
    Community Member

Well, too soon, lol. Yes it sees the right vault now. But it's not auto filling. If I go to the page and click the mini or 1p in the right menu, it does not fill. If I start out in 1P and double click to get it to take me to the page and fill it goes to the page but doesn't fill. What am I not doing right?

• linberl
    linberl
    Community Member

It fills if I launch the page FROM the mini, but if I just go to a website where I have a log in, even if I double click in the mini it doesn't fill, it launches in a new tab. These are websites where, in Safari, it fills even when I just go to the website and don't start out in the mini.

• Hi @linberl,

It seems like you still have the current 1Password extension installed in your Edge alongside the 1Password classic extension, which will cause the conflicts you described. Can you try the following steps to check:

1. Open Edge, copy & paste edge://extensions/ into address bar and hit enter.
    2. Find 1Password - Password Manager and click Remove. This is the current 1Password extension.
    3. Make sure 1Password extension (desktop app required) is enabled. This is the 1Password classic extension.

Let us know how it goes.

• linberl
    linberl
    Community Member

Hi, nope it's not. I just checked and only the desktop app required version is there. Now in Safari if I went to a website directly that had a login, it would either pop up suggestions or I could click on the 1P mini icon and the right suggestions would come up. In Edge, no popup and if I click the mini icon it brings up 1P and my primary vault but it has no suggestions, just shows the pw starting alphabetically. And if I go to the trouble of searching for the right one and click it in launches in a completely new tab. Any ideas? thx

• linberl
    linberl
    Community Member

So I am guessing you don't know? Right now I click on copy in the mini, after I search for the right login and then use command+v to paste and repeat for the password. It doesn't ask to save it, it doesn't remember if I go back to the page; just the same search and copy/paste. Pretty sad.

• Hi @linberl:

Thanks for following up. Just to confirm, you have 1Password mini set to "Suggestions", and in the mini pop-up you see something like this?

If I click the AutoFill button when I'm on Fastmail, my Fastmail credentials are filled in. The 1Password classic extension doesn't behave the same way as the Safari extension included in 1Password 7, and doesn't show suggestions inline the way you see in Safari.

Let me know if that makes sense, or if you're still having trouble.

Jack

• linberl
    linberl
    Community Member

Ahh - I went back into 1P prefs and somehow it was not set to suggestions, but all items. Duh. Funny, it was still set to suggestions if I checked it when in Safari. Oh well.....hopefully that's it and I won't be back here anytime soon. THANKS!

• Glad to hear it @linberl, you're very welcome! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.