mrc converter CSV File Password field converted to text type

Options
chbaruwa
chbaruwa
Community Member

Hi
Using the mrc converter to convert a CSV File using the credit card category. I have some additional fields Username and Password.

In the imported record the Password is a Text type, is there a way to force it to be Password type.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.4
Referrer: forum-search:mrc converter password field

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@chbaruwa ,

There currently is not, but I’m happy to add the feature.

Normally the converters would split a record such as this, placing the Username and Password fields into a Login record. This allows auto-fill to work for a website login (once a URL was added). I presume these fields are for a website login, and this would be the desired result for you?

• chbaruwa
    chbaruwa
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, it is a desirable option to have. Yes they are for website login.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2022
    Options

@chbaruwa ,

I've placed a custom copy of the csv converter in the Custom area at the converter suite location. The file is Csv.pm. Replace your Converters/Csv.pm with this custom one.

Add Username, Password and URL columns to your spreadsheet, export as CSV.

Run the converter.

And you should get results like:

FYI: I also noticed the improper noun pluralization and verb tense in the Import summary, and have fixed that in the main code (e.g. "1 items were added" should be "1 item was added").

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@chbaruwa ,

Just checking in - did the custom csv converter help you get your task accomplished?

• chbaruwa
    chbaruwa
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Sorry, Thanks your for your help. I am new to 1 Password so I am still figuring things out. Unfortunately I guess it didn't register in my head about the split when you initially described it. That said, it is not quite what I was looking for I just wanted the Password to be a protected field in the credit card record. Unless I'm doing something wrong I find that the Fill Login Browser don't work for banking sites.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@chbaruwa ,

No problem.

If that is what you want, I can see about accommodating that request. It won't serve much purpose there, as you'll have to manually copy / paste the username and password into a web site.

The auto-fill should be working for most sites, and that's a different issue if it is not. I routinely log into a dozen or more financial sites, and have no issues getting the credentials filled. It does required the three fields: URL, Username, and Password.

It would be good to get that resolved first before you make a decision on how you'd like the converter further customized. Please open a new forum post regarding your auto-fill troubles. Once resoled, revisit your decision here, and I'll be here to help when you are ready.

• chbaruwa
    chbaruwa
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks I will create a post on the auto-fill issue

This discussion has been closed.