1P 7.9.3 on Samsung device not limiting search to titles

johann_koebbe
johann_koebbe
Community Member
edited June 2022 in Android

On an S22 Ultra with One UI 4.1 (Android 12) and searching is not limited to title only. For example, my email address is user.name@posteo.net. When I search for "posteo", the results include all entries with my email address in them (lots), not the singular entry with the title "Posteo". I just upgraded from an S21 and I thought it worked correctly there, but I just tested again and it behaves the same way. I'm almost certain it did work "correctly" on the S21, because it would have driven me nuts like it is now and I would have come here searching for help long ago. For what it's worth, I did uninstall/reinstall on the S22 and search the forum before posting.

Probably completely unrelated, but I did log into the web application before testing the search on the older device. Seems quite a reach, but could that have affected how search behaves in mobile?

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: One UI 4.1 / Android 12

Comments

• Hello @johann_koebbe, thanks for your question!

For as long as I can remember, searching in 1Password for Android will turn up title and username matches as well as matches in the first line of secure notes. A few things that come to mind that might make your searches look a bit different would be:

• Sort by criteria. After tapping the search button you can tap Sort by... to set how your search results are listed (title, date created, and so on).
    • A specific vault or account was selected for viewing. You can tap the vault symbol in the top left corner to select and view a specific vault or account. If you had a vault or account selected that had a smaller pool or item containing Posteo, the search might look different.
    • Specific vaults or accounts were excluded from all vaults. From Settings > Vaults, you can exclude vaults from All Vaults. Similar to above, if vaults that contain more Posteo items were excluded your search could appear differently.

Would any of those be a possibility for you?

• johann_koebbe
    johann_koebbe
    Community Member

@ag_timothy Thanks for your response and the information. I think the problem here is an aging and tired mind. Upon further reflection, I seriously doubt that I ever searched for 'Posteo' on my phone before, or if I did, it was only once or twice. I just got a new device, and I had to set up CalDAV, which required me to look up something stored in my Posteo entry. Once that got configured, I haven't had to search for "Posteo" again, and that is the only one that will return lots and lots of results (since my email address is often my username). Sorry for the noise and thanks for the great support. :)

• Hi @johann_koebbe, I'm happy I could help! I admittedly could not remember off the top of my head whether that was a new feature or something that had always been around. I spent some time reading through release notes to confirm and I appreciated the opportunity to jog my memory! Let us know if we can help with anything else!

This discussion has been closed.