1Password 8 for Mac - slow to launch or unresponsive

de24
de24
Community Member
edited June 2022 in Mac

Hi-
I'm on a Mac. OS 12.4 Monterrey.

I'm running 1Password 8.

I've got the 1Password browser extensions installed for Chrome and Firefox, the two browsers I use the most.

When I encounter a site where I need to login, if I hit the 1Password extension icon (to launch 1Password and let me login) it just opens a new window that says, "Open 1Password". I assume this is to launch the application on my Mac. However, the application on my Mac is already running. It just doesn't give me a screen to login. In fact, when I click on it to try to get in, nothing happens.

However, if I walk away for 10 min or so, I'll come back and find that the 1Password window has now launched and it'll let me enter in my password.

The behavior is the same for Firefox or Chrome.

This is driving me nuts as I can't login to sites when I need to.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestion.

1Password Version: 8.8.0-126.BETA
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: 12.4

Comments

• bamand7
    bamand7
    Community Member

Yes, this. Exactly. How did this get out of beta???

• bamand7
    bamand7
    Community Member

And fwiw, I am running 1Password for Mac 8.7.1.

• @de24

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report that will give us more insight into your setup and a chance to review any logs. We would like to get things working better for you. Though, I can't immediately say why you're having trouble. Your screenshot appears to be of a browser window. Do you have both the older 1Password 7 extension and the newer 1Password for Safari enabled at the same time?

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Click 1Password in the menu bar.
    3. Click Preferences.
    4. Click Advanced in the new window that appears.
    5. Click Send Diagnostics.
    6. Click Reveal.
    7. Attach the .1pdiagnostics file saved in that folder to your reply.

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Password, or Secret Key. About 1Password diagnostics information

Please submit that via support+forum@1password.com

• @bamand7

Please also send us a diagnostic and we'll try to get you sorted out as well.

• de24
    de24
    Community Member

@ag_tommy I just emailed you the diagnostic file. Thanks for your help.

• Hi @de24:

I just wanted to follow up and see if you're still running into trouble. Let me know!

Jack

• de24
    de24
    Community Member

Hello @Jack.P_1P - I'm all good now. The email instructions I got from @ag_tommy set me straight to reset the communication between the app and the browser extension. Thanks!

• We're glad to hear that you're up and going de24. 🎉

• techsoup2021
    techsoup2021
    Community Member

What was the fix?

• @techsoup2021

It's hard to say on your specific situation without more details. It could be different, but if it's similar in nature the following may help.

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Fully quit 1Password app and browser.
    4. Restart the 1Password app and then open browser.
    5. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    6. Under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    7. Test things out with the extension.
This discussion has been closed.