No reliable Autofill in Safari even when 1PW is unlocked

I have the Safari extension enabled, inline menu enabled, and 1PW is set to lock as rarely as possible. But most of the time, when I click the 1PW icon, nothing happens. No suggestions, no autofill. Or it prompts me to put in my master password and log in endlessly into 1PW. I suspect the issue sometimes has to do with redirected links - if I go to pep-web.org proper it works but if its a redirect link (i.e. http://www.pep-web.org/login.php?requested=/) and the address is slightly different, it isn't being recognized. So I started to add the variations of links to the Login entry in 1PW and that occasionally works. Sometimes shutting down Safari and restarting works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes restarting the macbook works, sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas about what else I can do to keep 1PW running reliably? What am I doing wrong? If I close the macbook and it goes to sleep for a couple hours does that always require master password entry upon opening?

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Referrer: forum-search:No autofill in Safari

Comments

• DoctorKG
    DoctorKG
    Community Member

I think the term redirect is incorrect - file path or query parameters - whatever they are called, the fragments at the end - if there is a slight variation, 1PW won't work on the website even though its the same website.

• robcostin
    robcostin
    Community Member

My 1Password has become unreliable and unpredictable too, since I switched from a standalone license to a membership with 1Password 8. As a standalone it always worked as expected. Now sometimes it works, or it works after I dismiss the popup and click the 1Password icon in then Safari title bar a 2nd time. Sometimes it will only work if i quit and relaunch Safari. And sometimes it just doesn't work no matter what I try - and these are websites that I have been logging into every day successfully for years until now. I am getting frustrated with 1Password customer support - they have nothing constructive to offer except "visit our Community" so here I am visiting the community. Can anybody give me a reason to stick with this product?

• Hi folks:

That definitely isn't the experience we want you to have with 1Password in your browser.

@robcostin: I see that we've recently been in contact with you via email, so continuing the conversation there would be the best bet.

@DoctorKG: Are you having trouble with 1Password 7 and filling in Safari, or 1Password 8? Let me know, and I'll be able to take a closer look.

Jack

ref: ZD 49116

This discussion has been closed.