Frequency of having to enter master password when using Windows Hello authentication integration

shale999
shale999
Community Member

Hello, I find myself having to enter my master password at least once per day with Windows Hello authentication integration turned on (Using biometrics). This is without an OS restart. Is this frequency normal ? Thank you.

1Password Version: 8.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: WIN10
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Hi @shale999, thanks for your message.

This sounds like normal behaviour, depending on your current settings with Windows Hello. Your account password is required the first time after reboot your device or if the 1Password process is completely terminated by quitting the app.

If your device includes a hardware backed TPM 2.0, you can follow this guide to manage your settings so Windows Hello unlocks will persist through reboots or after you quit 1Password.

I hope this information helps, but if you run in to any troubles along the way, we'll be here for you!

• shale999
    shale999
    Community Member

Thank you !

• We're happy to help, @shale999. 😄

• puchika
    puchika
    Community Member

Hi 1Password,

I'm having the same issue as the OP: whenever I restart , wake up from sleep or hibernate on my Win11 PC, I have to type in my master password. I have the previously recommended setting checked under Settings > Advanced.

Is there anything else that might be requiring my master password this frequently?

• Hey @puchika, thanks for reaching out. It's expected that some conditions such as Windows updates, BIOS updates, using the Fast Startup option, and changing some Windows settings may result in the TPM state being invalidated.

Do you have fast startup enabled? If so, let me know if things improve after disabling it. Looking forward to hearing how that goes!

Ali

• puchika
    puchika
    Community Member

Hi @AliH1P, are you referring to Fast Startup under Window's Power Option? I do have that unchecked.

Thank you

• Hey @puchika, that's exactly what I was referring to. Since you already have that disabled, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC so we can investigate further.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+windows@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Thanks!

Ali

This discussion has been closed.