moving from v7 to v8

Options
dealtek
dealtek
Community Member

ok so I am trying to go from 1P v7 to v8

I signed up for web version and got v8 - got v8 and 1Password for Safari app

1Password for Safari does NOT open safari prefs - does nothing.... what do I do?

then how do I setup firefox chrome etc?

ALSO: how do I manage old standalone v7 along with membership v8?

ALSO: when I click support says: Additional diagnostics information is attached and will be linked to your support conversation.

WHAT are these diagnostics and how do I see them?

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: 12.4
Browser:_ safari

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2022
    Options

@dealtek

Standalone vaults are not supported in 1Password 8. You would need to move all of your local vaults to 1Password. You mentioned the word old. If that refers to the purest sense of the word, as in possibly no longer used, you can either leave them and use 7 to manage them or move them to a membership vault.

I would advise talking with one of my colleagues who can gather more particulars from you and guide you properly. The additional diagnostic information is basic information about your OS and the installation device. A full diagnostic report would include more details such as logging that would help us better determine where an issue has occurred and details about it.

1Password > Preferences > Advanced: Send diagnostics (1Password 8) is where you would generate and send the diagnostic report. I would advise sending your message and talking with my colleagues, as it sounds like we may not need a diagnostic report. My colleagues would be the best to decide that based on the specific questions you have and so on.

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

ok thanks - what about this:

1Password for Safari does NOT open safari prefs - does nothing.... what do I do?

I had 1Password extension for v7 before this but not showing anything in SF prefs now...

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2022
    Options

@dealtek

Please check you email. I just replied to your submission. Let's keep the conversation going there as we have a direct line of communication going.

ref: MAE-49623-264

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

ok great thanks

• Thank you as well, @dealtek!

This discussion has been closed.