Quick Access is generating a different OTP (for the same item) than the app/browser extension.

Options
johnmcg
johnmcg
Community Member

When I use Quick Access to copy a OTP and paste into an app or website, it fails. However using the 1Password app or Safari browser extension works fine. I have pasted the OTP generated in Quick Access into Notes to confirm the OTP is different and it is i.e. the Quick Access functions seems to be generating a different OTP than the app for the same item?

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Referrer: forum-search:otp

Comments

• Hi @johnmcg, thank you for letting us know about this - and sorry about the inconvenience of this issue.

Just thinking out loud here: is it possible that there might be two identically- or similarly-named items, each with its own OTP code? Might be worth checking just in case.

If you think this is likely not happening, feel free to send us an email at support@1Password.com. We'll be happy to look into this for you and get it sorted out. 👍

• johnmcg
    johnmcg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Turns out I had copied the item previously to a shared vault for my wife (and possibly updated the OTP?). Anyway, deleting the shared item and resharing it fixed the problem. Cheers...

This discussion has been closed.