1Password won't open when using Workona for Chrome's "New Tab Page"

I use the following Chrome extension to replace my default Chrome "New Tab Page" with my Workona Tab Manager workspace:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/workona-new-tab/mccohdmggonaiebbkliphakblbbfofck

However, since switching from 1Password 7 to 1Password 8, I can no longer use the **⌘-** shortcut from this page to open the 1Password box. I use this feature all the time to search for a website I want to log into and go there directly.

If I disable the workona extension and revert to Chrome's default new tab page, the 1Password shortcut works again. Is there any way to fix this so I can open 1Password from my custom new tab page?

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 11.5.2
Referrer: forum-search:workona

Comments

• timdmackey
    timdmackey
    Community Member

I just realized that I accidentally had the old 1Password extension loaded. I enabled the correct, current extension now (2.3.5).

Unfortunately, this does not solve my problem. Even with the current extension, I still cannot load 1Password from my Start Tab Page.

• Hi @timdmackey:

Just to confirm, the shortcut you're having trouble with is ⌘+\, correct? After installing the Workona new tab page and signing into a test account, I was still able to use ⌘+\ to open Universal Autofill. Let me know if that's the shortcut you're having trouble with, and I can take a closer look.

Jack

• timdmackey
    timdmackey
    Community Member

Hi @Jack.P_1P, yes that's the shortcut I'm having trouble with. I just did some more troubleshooting and I'm still having the same problem. Here's an update:

Symptoms

• ⌘-\ does not work on the Workona New Tab Page
    • Clicking the 1Password extension icon does work
    • ⇧⌘-X does work

System Information

• 1Password Extension v2.3.6
    • Workona New Tab extension v1.0.2
    • Chrome v103.0.5060.53 (updated just now)
    • MacOS Monterey v12.4

I deactivated every extension except for "1Password" and "Workona New Tab Page", and the issue persists.

• timdmackey
    timdmackey
    Community Member

Another note: If I use the ⌘-\ shortcut immediately upon opening the New Tab (while the tab page is loading), the shortcut works. Once the tab is finished loading though (within a couple seconds), the shortcut no longer works.

I asked someone at Workona support about the issue, and they said they're not doing anything to block shortcuts so they didn't think there was anything they could do to fix it. They did suggest though that they thought it might have something to do with the new tab interface being loaded inside of an iFrame.

This discussion has been closed.