Why no response to email, and why is email the only option?

andygreenberg1
andygreenberg1
Community Member
edited June 2022 in Mac

Why is getting support so difficult? No phone, no chat, just email that does not respond.A prime example of everything that is wrong with tech support.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @andygreenberg1

Please check your email. Using multiple support avenues can increase reply times due to duplication of efforts. We try to get to everyone as quickly as possible. We answer support requests in the order received. I'm sorry you had a longer wait than you anticipated.

Email lets us list detailed steps and share links to resources, providing a reference that can be saved for the future; for this reason, we don't offer phone or chat support. Now that we have a direct line of communication going please continue the discussion via email.

• andygreenberg1
    andygreenberg1
    Community Member

This was not a support request, it was venting. It was not directed at you or your colleagues, who do a wonderful job. To begin, if you are Canadian or are in Canada, I, too, was watching the Stanley Cup finals last night and not paying attention to computer problems.

The problem is that the people who get the brunt of customers' dissatifaction, the front line support people, are not the ones making the policies that lead to the problems. You are the buffer between the great unwashed and the suits. The suits don't care because they have you. So I vented.

Please close this thread.

• @andygreenberg1

I totally understand, and I did not take it personally. I didn't see anything wrong with what you said. 🙂 Yes, indeed, we are the frontline staff. I prefer to be here in the trenches helping others. It's where I am most at home. So feel free to check-in or out of this wonderful community of like-minded folks as needed. You're always welcome at any time. Venting is even allowed from time to time as we can gather some great nuggets of information both for troubleshooting and otherwise.

Thanks for being part of the community. I look forward to talking with you in the future.

• Closing this at your request.
This discussion has been closed.