Can't get off the beta channel

Options

Hi folks! Even though I switched over to "production" channel shortly after v8 went live, I'm still stuck getting beta releases. Any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Get off beta channel

Comments

• ag_maryam
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hello @klagreca ! Thanks for sharing your feedback!

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you've been experiencing with moving from the Beta to the Production version of 1Password 8.

That is by design, changing the update channel only changes where you will get the next updates from, and in this case, the next stable update from the production channel.

Note that 1Password will not downgrade you to the available stable version that is not compatible with the beta build you're using. In other words, since you're using a beta build of 1Password 8.8, the next stable update has to be 1Password 8.8, not the currently available 1Password 8.7.3.

The About View is not intended to be changed because of the update channel, it is based on the current build you're using, which hasn't changed in this case. When you update to the 1Password 8.8 stable update, these will change to reflect the build's stable status.

Note that if you want to switch to the stable build right now, you can but you'll have to move out the current database before you do that because 1Password 8.7.3 cannot read the database from 1Password 8.8.

Here's the steps that you need to take in order to do that:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in the menu bar (if it's there) and click Quit.
    2. Open Finder, and click the Go menu > Go to Folder...
    3. In the box that appears, copy and paste the following exactly:
      ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/

and press Return.

4. You'll see a folder called Data - right-click on the folder and select Compress "Data".

5. Drag the original Data folder to the Trash.
    6. Wait a few moments and then open 1Password
    7. You'll be taken through the first setup process.

Having said that, we know that this is not ideal for all users and we are currently working on improving this behaviour.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day.🙂

• klagreca
    klagreca
    Community Member
    Options

Hhmm ok, definitely not interested in "pulling out the wiring" here. BUT if I understand you correctly, if I leave it set to "production" channel, then I will eventually get back on that track? (v.8.9, I'm guessing).
    Thanks! K

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @klagreca, that's right - if you leave your release channel on Production, 1Password will eventually update to the Production release. Let us know if you have any further questions!

Ali

This discussion has been closed.