Hi I just upgraded 1pwd from V7 to Version 8.1.1 and safari v15.4. Autofill doesn't work

Options
reddirt
reddirt
Community Member
edited June 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I have tried to install the extension, but not sure it worked, I do have the one password icon in top toolbar . I followed instructions on 1pwd on how to install extension, but can't see if it worked.
1pwd 7 would autofill, but 1pwd 8 doesn't autofill when sign in pages occur, doesn't even bring up correct site.
can you help me find out if I have safari extension and to get autofill to work?
many thanks!

1Password Version: 8.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac0s 12.3.1
Referrer: forum-search:where is safari extension for V 8

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @reddirt - Thanks for checking in with us here. 🙂 I'm apologize for any interruption with the trouble you've bumped into.

A couple things worth checking at this point:

First, there is a newer extension for Safari called '1Password for Safari'. If you don't have that installed, here is the link to download that -> 1Password for Safari on the Mac App Store

Second, make sure the permissions in the 1Password for Safari extension are set properly:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Click 'Safari' from the macOS menu bar at the top left and select 'Preferences'.
    3. Select the Websites tab, and scroll to the bottom on the left side and click '1Password for Safari'.
    4. Ensure the 'For other websites' setting is set to Allow.

After the steps above, quit the Safari browser by right-clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting Quit. Then, restart it to test again.

Let me know how things go!

• reddirt
    reddirt
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Bob,

Many thanks for your thorough reply! Good news- autofill works once I get 1pwd open. But, and here's part of my original problem
    Whenever I need 1 pwd this annoying login box pops up w red fingerprint that blocks the login box saying,"1Password" is trying to unlock.
    Touch ID or enter your password to allow this. Use Account Password.. " and I have to clear it, use my master password to log in. so It's two steps. and I can't get touch ID to function.

Can you help me enable Touch ID and get this annoying popup box to go away so 1 pwd functions properly for me?
    many thanks!!

btw Safari 15.5
    Mac OS 12.4

• Hi @reddirt:

Just to confirm, if you touch the Touch ID sensor on your Mac when that dialog displays, does that unlock 1Password using your fingerprint? Let me know!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.