Password 8 Safari Extension not working

I have been running 1Password v8 (Macintosh) since its release, currently at v8.7.1, running on an iMac with macOS Monterey 12.4 and Safari v15.5 (17613.2.7.1.8). (Actually, I have been a 1Password user since v3.0.)

But in the last 2 days, the 1Password for Safari extension is not running (not even showing it is available) - no 1Password icon in the browser window, no extension listed in the Safari: Preferences: Extensions pane, no 1Password icon or prompts when I am in a UserID or password field. (The 1password app works okay, and the menubar icon and QuickAccess work just fine.)

I have uninstalled 1Password.app and uninstalled 1Password for Safari.app and redownloaded them. I have the latest macOS and Safari versions installed.

When I launch 1Password for Safari, I get a little window telling me to Open Safari Preferences. When I open Safari Preferences: Extensions, it shows 3 other extensions (disabled) but does not list 1Password anywhere.

When I go into your Support page and click on the article "If 1Password isn’t working in your browser", it tells me that "1Password is not installed in your browser. Learn more."

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: 12.4
Browser:_ Safari 15.5

Comments

• Labronico
    Labronico
    Community Member

Same here. Clicking the "Open Safari Preferences" button does nothing.
    Under Safari preferences for Extensions the 1Password one has disappeared.
    Trying to uninstall+reinstall did not solve the issue.
    I'm running latest Monterey stable version, with the standard Safari build.

• virplay
    virplay
    Community Member

I am having the same issue :/ Any help?

• ajb
    ajb
    Community Member

I am having the same issue and have not found a solution.

• ajb
    ajb
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

duplicate post

• Hi @ajb / @virplay / @mhwill:

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password for Safari. If you quit Safari, then open the 1Password desktop app, then choose Help > Troubleshooting > Fix Missing Safari Extension, does that improve your state of play? Let me know!

Jack

• mhwill
    mhwill
    Community Member

Jack,

That worked!

I had not noticed that option within the 1Password desktop app.

Thank you for your help.

• virplay
    virplay
    Community Member

It worked! Gracias :D

This discussion has been closed.