SSH Agent on MacOS move Terminal to Background?

Options
jbhardman
jbhardman
Community Member
edited June 2022 in SSH

Not sure if I'm the only one... but when I use the ssh agent on MacOS, I enter my ssh command. I either get taken to the 1Password window (if it's open and unlocked) with the button to allow, or I get a little window asking me to accept the request on my Apple Watch. Whichever method I get, when I accept the request, my terminal window is sent back behind my other windows open (usually my browser). The login works and everything, but the terminal window is hidden and I have to move windows around to get it back.

BTW, I always use iTerm 2. Not sure if that matters.

Is this just me?

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.4

Comments

• Hey @jbhardman, thanks for reaching out. I'm not personally aware of other instances where the auth prompt is sending the terminal window all the way to the back, but I'll check with the team and see what I can find out.

• jbhardman
    jbhardman
    Community Member
    Options

I made a recording but can't attach videos here. Totally could be MacOS' fault. Not sure who's in charge of window placement in this situation.

• Hi @jbhardman, I checked with the team and we're not entirely sure what would be causing this, but I do have a couple follow-up questions.

1) Can you clarify that your terminal window gets sent all the way to the back, even behind other open windows? If biometric unlock is unavailable for whatever reason the desktop app will pop open to authenticate, but your terminal window should remain directly behind it and not all the way at the back. If you'd like to upload a video you should be able to use the 'Attach a File' button.
    2) If you're able, do you want to double check that this isn't limited to iTerm by seeing if this behaviour occurs in other terminal apps?
    3) If you have the 1Password CLI installed could you check if this behaviour is present when using biometrics to authenticate a CLI command?

This discussion has been closed.