Windows Firefox extension no longer allows login

dgdavidge
dgdavidge
Community Member

I was having to wait forever for 1Password to load after signing in so I deleted and reinstalled the extension on my Windows computer. Now when I start the program it wants me to log in with Capital One Shopping or one of several other apps. In the past I have just logged in with my name and a password, the same way I log into the desktop app. Is there a way to use the extension the same way I use the desktop app? The Firefox extension continues to work as before in the Microsoft Edge extension and in Firefox on my Mac.

1Password Version: 7.9.830
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 21H1
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Hi @dgdavidge, thanks for your message and sorry to hear of the issues you've been encountering with 1Password in Firefox.

It's sounds like 1Password in the browser (Firefox) is not properly connecting to the desktop app as it did before. As first step, does disabling app integration in the extension, help?
    1. Open your browser, right-click the 1Password icon in the address bar, and choose Settings.
    2. Scroll to the General heading, and then disable Integrate with 1Password app.

Next, close and reopen Firefox and does clicking the 1Password icon in the taskbar ask for your 1Password account password and does functionality in the browser return as expected?

Finally, we can try re-enabling app integration in the extension, closing the the browser window and rebooting the device, followed by first opening and unlocking the desktop app, then Firefox. Does the 1Password extension automatically unlock in Firefox?

Please let us know how things go with these steps. Thanks!

• dgdavidge
    dgdavidge
    Community Member

Disabling integration worked. And it still works after en-enabling and rebooting. Thank you.

• Fantastic @dgdavidge, thank you for letting us know! 🥳

This discussion has been closed.