1Password app icon is corrupted

timcox
timcox
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Hi there - for the last few beta builds I've noticed that the app icon (in the dock, in the icon preview, and in the app switcher) is pixelated. How can I fix this? Thanks! (See attachment)

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Hello, Tim, and welcome to the forums!

I don't know why your application icon isn't crisp. Mine is just fine. :) Please upgrade to the official 1Password 3.1.1 release that is now out and see if that changes anything.
  • optogamut
    edited December 1969
    Hi,
    I'm having a similar problem. My icon actually looks OK in finder, but the dock and command-tab list is pixelated. Also seems to be happening with Firefox, other apps are OK.

1Password-20100712-135757.jpg

Using Version 3.2.5 (build 30665)

cheers,
    danny
  • rob
    rob
    edited December 1969
    optogamut wrote:
    Hi,
    I'm having a similar problem. My icon actually looks OK in finder, but the dock and command-tab list is pixelated. Also seems to be happening with Firefox, other apps are OK.

Using Version 3.2.5 (build 30665)

cheers,
    danny

Hi Danny, and welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry you're having this issue, but like Marty, I can't seem to reproduce it. However, I am attaching a ZIP file containing the official 1Password icon. If you right-click on 1Password and select "Show Package Contents" then navigate to Contents > Resources, you can drop this file in there (after you have unzipped it). The file should be called 1Password.icns

Let me know if that helps!
  • binaryeric
    binaryeric
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Just go & download the app from scratch at the Agile website and it is fixed.
  • optogamut
    edited December 1969
    Thanks. Dropped the .icns file and cleared it up.

Now for the others, firefox and preview. Wondering what is going on here?
  • rob
    rob
    edited December 1969
    optogamut wrote:
    Thanks. Dropped the .icns file and cleared it up.

Now for the others, firefox and preview. Wondering what is going on here?

I'm really not sure. It sounds like something bigger than 1Password, but like Stu said, just try re-downloading any affected apps. Since you can't do that with Preview, I've attached both the Preview and Firefox icons here.

Hope that helps!
  • optogamut
    edited December 1969
    Yeah, there's a couple of threads on the Apple forums too. Really not sure what's happening, something strange in some icon libraries or something?

I did clear it up myself by downloading firefox. And for preview, as I couldn't do that, and for want of a better idea, I just copied out the preview.icns file and then copied it back again, and that worked. The thing is for how long?

I'll hang on to those files just in case though. Thanks for your help!

cheers,
    Danny.
  • rob
    rob
    edited December 1969
    optogamut wrote:
    Yeah, there's a couple of threads on the Apple forums too. Really not sure what's happening, something strange in some icon libraries or something?

I did clear it up myself by downloading firefox. And for preview, as I couldn't do that, and for want of a better idea, I just copied out the preview.icns file and then copied it back again, and that worked. The thing is for how long?

Yeah, that is strange. Anyway, I'm glad you got it worked out. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.