1Password 8 adding an animation to windows after triggering the quick access menu

Options
juzuze
juzuze
Community Member

Hi there,
After installing 1password 8 i noticed that my windows started to have an animation associated with them, I use a TWM on my mac (amethyst) and the added animation that 1password was putting on the windows was making my normal productivity flow pretty much unusable.

Initially i thought it was just the browser extension, so i tried reverting back to older versions of the extension which didn't work, eventually i saw it add the animation to my finder windows. After some playing around I narrowed the issue down to the quick access menu; i found that if i didn't use the quick access menu the issue wouldn't be present, it would return almost immediately after using the quick access menu though

In the end I had to completely uninstall 1pass 8 and reinstall 1pass 7 as the impact on my work flow was too great to get around.

I really like the look of 1pass 8 and am a massive fan of the quick access design so really hoping that this gets addressed in an upcoming release.

using a MBP13 - M1

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: macos 12.3.1

Comments

• Hi @juzuze:

We've made some improvements to this that should be available in version 8.7.3. Let me know if you're still having trouble with your tiling window manager after updating to the latest version of 1Password 8 for Mac, or if the improvements we've made resolve the trouble for you!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.