Unable to login or sync on Android when connected to VPN

yablak
yablak
Community Member

I'm using the Mullvad VPN app and am not able to sign in when the VPN is on. If I am signed in, I can't sync when the VPN is on.

If it helps, I'm using the most recent version of Android and a family account with 2FA via NFC.

Comments

• Hello @yablak, thanks for joining us on the forum! I'm sorry to hear there has been an issue using 1Password with Mullvad.

I don't use Mullvad personally but I have tested 1Password for Android with some other VPN's and haven't had any issues. Has this been an issue since you started using Mullvad or has it been a recent change? If you have downloaded the 1Password 8 beta does this issue occur with 1Password 7 and 8 for Android?

• yablak
    yablak
    Community Member

I have only tested w/ Mullvad VPN. Is there a free VPN (OpenVPN or WireGuard-based) I can test with?

I get the issue in both 1password 7 and 8 beta for android.

• Thanks for following up @yablak.

I did some testing with Proton VPN which, to my knowledge uses the Wire Guard protocol as well as Privado and TunnelBear which to my knowledge, use the Open VPN protocol on Android devices. I also tested with Windscribe on IKEv2. With all four I was able to sign in and sync successfully.

I would also like to note that I can't speak for the quality or security of any of these apps, so please take the time to look into any VPN before installing or granting permissions.

• yablak
    yablak
    Community Member

I can confirm that I am able to login while using proton VPN on my phone, but I'm not able to log in using Mullvad VPN even when connecting to them via OpenVPN instead of WireGuard.

• @yablak, thanks for giving that a try. I'd like to ask you to send us an email with your endpoint IP when using Mullvad so we can check if it has been inadvertently blocked by our system.

You can include the IP and a brief description of the issue in an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.