Updated 1Password to version 8 and now I can't use Launchbar 6 to activate webpages with passwords.

rsphoto
rsphoto
Community Member

When LaunchBar is opened I get a warning dialog box that says to "Enable 3rd party app integrations" in 1Password Prefs/Advanced. I no longer see this option in 1Password 8.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 12.4
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:launchbar

Comments

• rsphoto
    rsphoto
    Community Member

When LaunchBar is opened I get a warning dialog box that says to "Enable 3rd party app integrations" in 1Password Prefs/Advanced. I no longer see this option in 1Password 8.

• Hi @rsphoto:

1Password 8 uses a different method of integrating with third party applications than 1Password 7 did. 1Password 8 no longer supports this integration, so you'll need to disable the integration from inside of LaunchBar to stop receiving this dialog box.

While I've never used LaunchBar, it's my understanding that the 1Password integration can be disabled by opening the LaunchBar index, right clicking 1Password in the sidebar, and choosing "deactivate". Let me know how you get on with that.

Jack

• rsphoto
    rsphoto
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. Following your instructions, I've deactivated 1Password in the LaunchBar index. Is it still possible to have integration between the apps so I can use LaunchBar to open webpages with passwords filled in?

• Hi @rsphoto

I'm not familiar with LaunchBar, but 1Password 8 now has Quick Access, which helps you quickly open new browser tabs with your login information prefilled and ready to submit. It's really quite useful and may eliminate the need to integrate with Launch Bar, in your case. It's been a massive time saver for me and I couldn't imagine working with out it.

Try it out:

1. Press shift-cmd-space (on Mac) or ctrl-shift-space (on Windows)
    2. Search for the login item you need.
    3. Press enter to open the selected item in your browser and autofill the login information.

Once you are in Quick Access, there are also keyboard shortcuts to interact with the selected item, such as copying the username, password, or two-factor authentication code. Plus a lot more.

I hope this information helps. Let me know how it goes.

Scott

• clausp
    clausp
    Community Member

Could we please have 3rd party integration back? LaunchBar is my quick access to everything, and I found it very useful. I am sad that I move to 1Password 8 without checking this.

• dyma
    dyma
    Community Member

I'd second that. I don't want to have a quick entry in each and every app

• @clausp and @dyma

Our founder Dave wrote about the exciting new opportunities for third-party integrations with 1Password 8 here: Early access and Alfred / Spotlight / LaunchBar (3rd party search integration) - Page 4 — 1Password Support Community

I suggest reaching out to the developer of LaunchBar to let them know that integration with 1Password 8 is something that you'd like to see. 🙂

• dyma
    dyma
    Community Member

Thanks for pointing us to the right post

• @dyma

I'm happy to help. 🙂

• Ptujec
    Ptujec
    Community Member

Hi! I just wanted to let you guys know that I built a LaunchBar action that works with 1Password 8. Check it out!
    https://github.com/Ptujec/LaunchBar/tree/master/Passwords#launchbar-action-passwords-for-1password-8

Cheers

• @Ptujec

Thank you for sharing your efforts with the community! I’m sure that a lot of folks who are fans of both LaunchBar and 1Password will find what you’ve created useful. As always, I urge everyone to use caution when using unofficial integrations with 1Password as they haven’t been thoroughly reviewed, tested, or audited by our team and are not supported.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.