1Password in Safari not activating when clicking inline icon, nor hotkey

hjdarnel
hjdarnel
Community Member
edited June 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi all - I have been on the beta branch until the GA release of 1Password 8, which I've really enjoyed.

I've also started using Safari today, switching from Brave browser (and weeks ago, Chrome). Brave and Chrome have previously worked fine on the beta.

I have installed the 1Password Safari App Extension from the Mac App Store, and when I click on the icon next to my address bar it loads my vault just fine.

When I go to log in to a website, I generally hit my hotkey, listed here as CMD+\

Sometimes it does nothing, sometimes it displays the new Quick Access search bar. Both don't fill my login form.

Also, if I instead click on the inline 1Password icon in the form field, nothing at all happens.

Anyone know what to try? I've restarted 1Password and Safari with no change.

1Password Version: 80800011
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Hey @hjdarnel:

Do you currently have "Show autofill menu on field focus" disabled in 1Password for Safari's settings (right click the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar, choose Settings)? If it's currently disabled, enable it, and then restart Safari. Let me know if that results in the 1Password autofill menu appearing on login forms.

Jack

• Bittabola
    Bittabola
    Community Member

Hi Jack, I have Show autofill menu on field focus enabled but clicking the icon in a form doesn’t bring the pop-up. It used to work with 1Password 7.

• hjdarnel
    hjdarnel
    Community Member

Hey @Jack.P_1P I have it select. I went ahead and toggled it off and on, then restart Safari with no change.

I did notice when I click the form field icon, I get an error log in the javascript console: Unrecognized Content-Security-Policy directive 'worker-src'.

Not sure if that helps.

• Hey @love2kruz:

Were you able to locate the field focus setting? It looks it's enabled in your screenshot. Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with!

Jack

• Hey @love2kruz :

Field focus is the field where the cursor / insertion point is (the vertical flashing bar when you type).

Can you share a website where you're experiencing this issue on so we can test it out on our end? If you'd prefer to share a website privately, please send an email addressed to support+forum@1password.com with the following information:

I look forward to your reply and helping you further.

Alvin

• Hi @love2kruz, just want to let you know that I have submitted a vote for a "pin to page" feature in 1Password 8 on your behalf. Thanks for sharing your use case with us!

ref: IDEA-I-651

• Hey @love2kruz:

We're investigating an issue that sounds similar to what you're seeing. If you restart Safari completely, does that improve your state of play? Let me know!

Jack

• Hey @love2kruz:

Those configured websites you're seeing are certain test domains we have. 1Password for Safari needs the ability to read and alter the pages you visit in order to detect what needs to be filled, and then perform the filling action.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.