Problem with AppleWatch, 1P8 and 1Password-for-Safari.app

Options

This is a continuation of a report posted here.
The problem reported has been solved meanwhile (thanks!!).

I have an AppleWatch and I use an external monitor with my MBP (Intel 2017). The lid is closed and the fingerprint sensor is, therefore, unavailable. The system settings allow my AppleWatch to support login.
For 1P8, I have the unlock option for the AppleWatch disabled in Preferences => Security.

The problem is that, when 1P8 is locked, a click on the 1P icon in any given login field does not open 1P8.
I need to manually access the 1P8.app (e.g. from the Dock) to unlock.
After that, the 1Password-for-Safari.app offers to fill login credentials in login fields.
The expected behaviour would be that I am prompted to the unlock window of 1P8 automatically.

1P7 was much smarter, it even recognised the closed lid and told that I need to manually type the master-pwd.

1Password Version: 80800126 BETA
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: 12.4

Comments

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member
    Options

For those affected this is a nasty bug!
    I wonder if my report is ignored? Are there so few 1P users that use an MBP with external monitor? Or does this bug only show up on (old) Intel MBP's?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @bwadm! I saw that you sent us some logs and a diagnostics report. I am checking on both, and I will reply via your ticket! Thanks for your patience.

This discussion has been closed.