Menu bar icon missing Mac v8.7.3

Options
debrav
debrav
Community Member

Since upgrading to 1Password v8.7.3, the top menu bar icon for MacOS app no longer appears. I've restarted, the mac a few times.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:icon

Comments

• Hi @debrav :

Can you confirm that you have the following setting selected in the 1Password 8 for Mac app?

1. Open 1Password 8.
    2. From the menu bar, select 1Password > Preferences > General.
    3. Do you have the setting, "Keep 1Password in the menu bar", selected?

Alvin

• debrav
    debrav
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

Yes. I've toggled it several times, played with the settings, quit, rebooted a few times. The icon won't appear in the menu bar

Preferences

• debrav
    debrav
    Community Member
    Options

I did have the menu bar icon with 1Password v7

• Thanks for the confirmation @debrav . To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're currently seeing in the menu bar and attach it to your reply:

Please be sure to mask any private information in the screenshot. Thanks in advance!

Alvin

• debrav
    debrav
    Community Member
    Options

This is strange and I can't explain it. Since I updated to v8, I have rebooted a number of times. Today, my mac locked up (problem with Docker) and I had to do a hard restart. When it came back up, the 1Password 8 icon appeared for the 1st time in the menu bar and the quick menu and dropdown menus are working. Weird.

• debrav
    debrav
    Community Member
    Options

Now it seems I can have Docker running (menu bar icon) or 1Password 8 (menu bar icon), but not both. However, the 1Password keyboard shortcuts continue to work so I can still access all of the functions and the proper 1Password windows popup on demand.

• Hey @debrav:

I was able to install Docker Desktop and have both Docker and 1Password for Mac in my menu bar at the same time. To take a closer look at what could be causing this then, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• debrav
    debrav
    Community Member
    Options

Smacking my head Chalk this up to pilot error. It's working as it should. I had a perfect combination of too many menu bar icons on a scaled display on a newer Macbook with a camera notch. The icons were there, but they were hidden behind the notch. I plugged into an external display and mirrored the display... TA DA!! The icons were all there despite not being visible on the built-in retina display. Thanks for your patience with this. Now I'm going to go outside, breathe some fresh air, and look at something other than a screen for a while. Much appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.