[1P8] Date bug

winstonp
winstonp
Community Member

In non US timezones at least, possibly with US timezones as well, entering a date, e.g. 6/20, moves it one day earlier, 6/19. Consistent through all entry screens.

Comments

• Hello @winstonp, thanks for joining us on the forum!

Is this happening for you with the date field or the month/year field in 1Password for Android 8? Does the date shift after tapping OK, focusing on a different field, saving the item or at another time? I'd also like to ask which version you have installed ( ⚙️(Settings) > About). Thanks again!

• Hi @OlivierP, thanks for your question!

It sounds like this may be a different topic. When you save an item or update a password does the listed date shift as Winstonp described? Regardless, I would be happy to share your feedback about matching the time shown to the system settings with the team. Thanks again!

• Hi @OlivierP, thanks for confirming that. While I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password I have filed your interest for a 24 hour clock option in 1Password. Thanks again for your feedback!

ref: IDEA-I-1296

• Fudini
    Fudini
    Community Member

Hi @ag_timothy, I have got the same issue with the date seletion as winstonp. I am using the version 8.9.0. So when selecting a date from the date picker, after pressing ok the previous day is entered into the date field.
    Regards stefan

• andiAG
    edited August 2022

@Fudini and @winstonp we're also seeing the issue you mention about the date picker inputting the wrong date. The development team are aware and are looking into what may be causing the problem.

As it may be relevant, would you be able to tell us what timezones you are both in?

ref: dev/core/core#16626

• Fudini
    Fudini
    Community Member

@andiAG , thanks for your answer. I am in the timezone UTC+1.

• Thanks @Fudini I'll pass that along :)

• mctaguma
    mctaguma
    Community Member

I have the same issue in NZST, in 1Password 8.9.0 on Android, using a Samsung Galaxy S21

• Hi @mctaguma, thanks for adding that! I've passed along that information.

• byronhallett
    byronhallett
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

Hi,
    I'd like to add my details to help this ticket along.

Device:
    Pixel 4, Android 13
    *Is this happening for you with the date field or the month/year field in 1Password for Android 8?
    *On date fields which invoke the native date picker on Android
    *Does the date shift after tapping OK, focusing on a different field, saving the item or at another time?
    *After tapping ok on date picker. When you tap the field again, the native date picker shows the erroneous date. Tapping ok again decrements date again, meaning the value being passed to the date picker is not safer than a user input one.
    *I'd also like to ask which version you have installed ( ⚙️(Settings) > About)

• Hi @byronhallett, thanks very much for sharing that information. It looks like a fix for this issue made it into today's beta, 8.9.6-11. You can find how to update to the beta in this guide: Use 1Password beta releases

If the update is not currently available on your device it should be rolled out soon. After updating, let us know if this date issue has been resolve for you.

@Fudini, @winstonp, @mctaguma, let us know if the fix in the beta works for you as well. Thanks again!

• Fudini
    Fudini
    Community Member

Hi @ag_timothy, Just tried the date entry field works great again. Am running the Version 8.9.7-7.BETA
    Thank you

• Thanks for the update! That's great to hear.

This discussion has been closed.