Why can't I unlock my 1Password in my browser (doesn't work in Chrome or FF) anymore with TouchID?

Options
SunDevil2213
SunDevil2213
Community Member
edited May 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I used to be able to use TouchID to unlock my 1Password in either Chrome or Firefox. It seems with the latest release, this is no longer the case. Why?

1Password Version: 7.9.5 (70905002)
Extension Version: 2.3.4
OS Version: MacOS Monterey 12.4
Referrer: forum-search:can't unlock in browser with touchid anymore

Comments

• Hey @SunDevil2213:

This definitely isn't the experience we want you to have when unlocking 1Password. Just to confirm, are you able to unlock the 1Password desktop app with Touch ID? Let me know!

Jack

• tomjadams
    tomjadams
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue since updating to 1password 8, running the extension Version 2.3.5 in Brave. I've tried turning on and off integration, restarting both browser & 1password.

• Hi @tomjadams:

Are you still running into trouble unlocking the 1Password desktop app and 1Password in Brave at the same time? Let me know if you're still having trouble, and I'll be able to take a closer look.

Jack

• tomjadams
    tomjadams
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P , yes, it's still not working correctly. I've updated to the latest Brave, 1password and 1password browser plugin, and restarted them all & my computer.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @tomjadams !

I'm using Brave browser v1.40.109 and 1Password in the browser v2.3.8 beta. Also, I'm using 1Password 8.8.0-165 beta on Windows 11 Pro 21H2 (22000.778). When unlocking the desktop app, the browser extension unlocks, too and vice versa.

Did you enable browser integration in the app and the browser extension? 🤔

• tomjadams
    tomjadams
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @DenalB , thanks, yeah, I have all those checked, and have done the dance of unchecking, re-checking, uninstalling, updating, restarting, etc. (in various orders, several times), all to no avail.

• Hey @tomjadams:

Since all of that is enabled, the next best step would be to take a closer look at 1Password on your device. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac, as well as a console log:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Save a console log for 1Password in your browser

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.