I've lost auto fill on 1Password **7** ON macOS

HelenBubz
HelenBubz
Community Member
edited June 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

After having problems logging in with 1Password 8 I went back to 7 only to find it was doing the same if not worse.

• Safari was closed.
  • I go to 1pwd x and find my bank url.
  • I clicked the url, Safari starts to open but gets to the minimise state and doesn't get any further.
  • Luckily I know the url so type it in.
  • The two text boxes don't have the 1Password logo so I paste user name and password in.

Now this was what 1Pwd 8 was doing but now I can't use 7 either. I call this a bug. Pure and simple.

I'm reduced to copy and pasting EVERYTHING - just like I was doing 7 months ago. Only thing is different is that passwords aren't in Word format.

What is going on to fix my BUG?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HelenBubz, I'm really sorry about the issue you're seeing. Just to check, does the 1Password extension icon appear in Safari's toolbar? If so, can you click on it and let me know if the extension window opens? Here's what that would look like: https://share.cleanshot.com/7iLLuu

I look forward to getting those details from you!

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

this is what I have got @Joy_1P

Now I can't log in to eBay! Not even doing cut and paste. eBay refuses to allow 1Password 8 to fill and use the password.
    [ -- removed by 1Password staff -- ]

• Hey @HelenBubz:

That screenshot looks a bit like a third party site is sending you to eBay. If you navigate directly to eBay and use 1Password to fill your login information, do you still run into trouble? Additionally I've removed one of your screenshots to protect your privacy.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.